Jump to content
mds1

Class of 2019

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, mds1 said:

I have a spreadsheet for all our stuff we looked to buy. I attached it.  The items in green we already have. It's prioritized. Awesome Class A by the way. Beautiful color.

Items to Purchase for Publication.xlsx 18.8 kB · 2 downloads

Nice spreadsheet, looks well thought-out.  You have a few things on there I don't have and don't need or want (DVR for satellite - I've never had one and don't miss it at all), and a couple of things I've thought about and am likely to get at some point, maybe.  I like the idea of an RV oriented GPS, but have nav system built into my TV, so I continue to think about getting the Garmin that's RV specific.

I had a water bandit but found too often the water pressure of the outlet I was trying to use it on was too strong, so I've given up on it.  Don't know if it's just me or what.

As far as the clear sewer hose adapter - I wish I had both a 45 and a 90.   Reason being is that I have the 45 on the trailer and so can see it emptying and tell when the water runs clear.  The 90 at the end of the hose is cloudy and I once had an issue with the hose not draining properly and I didn't pick up on that right away.  A clear 90 at the sewer hook-up would have alerted me to the issue right away.

Thanks for the reminder about the wheel covers - mine need to be replaced.

My most recent purchase was a folding hand-truck/dolly.  I figured it would be handy to move heavier items like propane tanks around.  I've wanted something for carrying junk around for a while, figured that as a full-timer I'd want it even more.  

Also I've just added solar rope lights to use around the trailer and truck - I had a friend recently who found a rat's nest in his truck's engine, and a number of people have said they help if you are camping where pack rats are common.  I'll see next time I'm camping somewhere they might be needed.

I've never bought a water pump or a water bladder.  I have dry camped for 10 days without going through my fresh water tank and by that time I needed to empty one or both of the other tanks, so moving the trailer over to a dump station with a portable water fill point seems to work for me.  I do carry bottled water and prefer 2-1/2 gallon jugs, but often now I find myself buying the gallon bottles at Costco (6 gallons in a package) if I can, rather than to try to manipulate 5 gallon water jugs.  Water is expensive weight-wise, and I'd rather use that 280 lbs (approximate weight of 35 gallons of water) for other things (propane fire ring and extra propane tank being high on my list).  A bladder does allow you to leave your rig where it is, but I've just not had the fresh tank empty before the other tanks needed emptying.

I bought a heated water hose right after my first camping trip, where I didn't know enough to disconnect the fresh water hose from the spigot when the temps dipped down to 22F and it froze.  I've never actually used it because since then I'll just run off of the fresh water tank if it looks like it's going to be below freezing at night.  While I expect I'll end up camping nights when it's below freezing, I'm not going out of my way to do snow camping for any length of time.  I guess it will make it into the trailer since I'll no longer be able to ignore it in my under-house storage.  But I don't think it's necessary at all unless you are going to do a lot of snow camping where you would be likely to need to refill your fresh tank.  I may find myself "willing" it to someone else at some point though.  Just one of the things I thought I needed that it turned out, I didn't really.  

My bucket (multiple uses) is collapsible and it works great.  Saves room for other things.

Anyway, some thoughts.  I'm a gadget person so I actively work hard at not getting too much stuff at first, to wait until I really feel a need for it.  Believe me, I could own a huge amount more stuff if I operated on "get everything now just in case", have an overweight rig and a lot of stuff I never use.  Then I'd be in the same place I am now - spending days making trips to the dump and the local charity thrift store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, fpmtngal said:

Nice spreadsheet, looks well thought-out.  You have a few things on there I don't have and don't need or want (DVR for satellite - I've never had one and don't miss it at all), and a couple of things I've thought about and am likely to get at some point, maybe.  I like the idea.... 

 

Excellent points!  The spreadsheet I forwarded was compiled over about four years. I added to it when folks recommended items.  I suspect I'll eventually wait on many of the purchases. Reading ideas you and other's have can change one's mind. I'm hoping prioritizing items will make a difference. 

Good point about the heated hose. I suspect we will run off our large fresh water if we find ourselves accidently in below freezing temps.  We are getting a 4 season trailer with heated tanks and such. 

For the most part we are starting out with the basics and see how it goes. An exception is a portable generator vs. a built in for example.  We already knew from prior RV experience how we use a generator so decided to free up some front basement space and go with the portable. Even skipped the generator prep when we ordered the trailer. Saved some $$. 

 

Appreciate everyone's comments...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mds1 said:

Excellent points!  The spreadsheet I forwarded was compiled over about four years. I added to it when folks recommended items.  I suspect I'll eventually wait on many of the purchases. Reading ideas you and other's have can change one's mind. I'm hoping prioritizing items will make a difference. 

Good point about the heated hose. I suspect we will run off our large fresh water if we find ourselves accidently in below freezing temps.  We are getting a 4 season trailer with heated tanks and such. 

For the most part we are starting out with the basics and see how it goes. An exception is a portable generator vs. a built in for example.  We already knew from prior RV experience how we use a generator so decided to free up some front basement space and go with the portable. Even skipped the generator prep when we ordered the trailer. Saved some $$. 

 

Appreciate everyone's comments...

 

 

Interesting that you decided to go with a portable generator - up until Christmas I thought having a built-in would be better, don't have to maneuver it around, especially a 3500 W generator - that's more weight than I can lift. But then I was parked next to someone who had one in a parking lot type campground - his was louder than I had expected and I instantly was grateful for solar and my Honda 2200 (my trailer is 30A and I have a relatively small AC unit).  While I am able to lift it, I prefer to run it in the pick-up bed, leaving either the tonneau cover or the tailgate open (rain the tailgate is open, no rain and I'll close the tailgate and leave the tonneau cover open).  As a part-timer I didn't carry huge amounts of stuff in the bed so I could arrange things for proper ventilation and fire safety. 

That assumes I don't take a lot more things in the bed than I already travel with on long trips.  That's the goal, hope it's attainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, mds1 said:

I have a spreadsheet for all our stuff we looked to buy. I attached it.  The items in green we already have. It's prioritized. Awesome Class A by the way. Beautiful color.

Items to Purchase for Publication.xlsx 18.8 kB · 13 downloads

Nice spreadsheet Mark. Wow, that's a lot of items. Thanks for sharing that with us all. It reminded me of a couple of items we still need to purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's been a while since I last posted on our progress. Just finishing up the kitchen and upstairs bathroom. A number of other commitments have kept us from working on the house much over the last few weeks, but should finish everything up inside by the end of May. Still have a few projects outside, but spring in Wyoming is always a guessing game. One day it's high 60s, the next day there is a blizzard. Kirk, I'm sure you remember well those spring days during those 18 years you lived in Cheyenne, lol.

Well the seemingly never ending sage of what type of RV will the Watts couple end up with has finally come to a close. I did not persuade my wife into us buying a vintage Bluebird Wanderlodge. Well, actually I think I talked myself out of after hearing from a number of owners their annual maintenance ran in the $2000 to $5000 range. Ouch! And no new dually for this old guy :( which means no new 5th wheel toy hauler either.

We are the proud owners of a new 2019 Jayco Grayhawk 29MV. We decided wanted to stay under 40 feet and fell in love with the floor plan. We can hardly wait for the first nice weekend that my wife doesn't have to work so we can get it broke in. Or as many of us know, see what breaks. We want to get some time in it before moving in full time.

Anyway that's what's happening in snowy, cold Casper, WY this week.

It's fun to read all the posts and see the excitement we all have about getting on the road soon. We have some friends from Sheridan, WY that are in their first week of full timing and are stuck in the blizzard in a campground just outside of Rapid City, SD. Come on sunny days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, CasperBob said:

Nice spreadsheet Mark. Wow, that's a lot of items. Thanks for sharing that with us all. It reminded me of a couple of items we still need to purchase.

Yup, not that we are getting everything but wanted to keep some notes on stuff we might add over the next few years.  

Edited by mds1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mds1 said:

Yup, not that we are getting everything but wanted to keep some notes on stuff we might add over the next few years.  

Kind of what I figured. I do the same thing. My Amazon wish list has been getting quite large lately, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CasperBob said:

We are the proud owners of a new 2019 Jayco Grayhawk 29MV. We decided wanted to stay under 40 feet and fell in love with the floor plan. We can hardly wait for the first nice weekend that my wife doesn't have to work so we can get it broke in. Or as many of us know, see what breaks. We want to get some time in it before moving in full time.

Anyway that's what's happening in snowy, cold Casper, WY this week.

It's fun to read all the posts and see the excitement we all have about getting on the road soon. We have some friends from Sheridan, WY that are in their first week of full timing and are stuck in the blizzard in a campground just outside of Rapid City, SD. Come on sunny days!

Congrats on the new RV!  That Class C looks like a very functional floor plan.   Are you going to change your domicile or remain a Wyoming citizen?  A couple of years ago I was camping in Dubois and kept reading a real estate ad for a couple of acres, spring on the property along with a water tank, power and septic tank.  I loved the area and seriously thought about buying it and claiming Wyoming as my primary residence, with the California house as a second (winter) home.  But I couldn't make the finances work.  I still love Wyoming in the summer though.

It's always a good idea to find out where the problems are first, before you are on a long trip.  And yes, you WILL have some issues (though my trailer has been more or less trouble-free so far).  My first issue was a kink in the fresh water tank drain - my dealer delivered it to me with 2/3 full tank.  I couldn't get it emptied before it snowed several days later, so I driveway camped in it.  The 4 seasons package worked the way it should, I was comfortable, the tank didn't freeze.  Unfortunately, my house wasn't so lucky, the main pipe into the house froze.  Still makes me smile.

I sent the paperwork in to the Escapees Mail Service yesterday, and talked to my realtor.  I'm still aiming to have the house on the market by the end of the month, and think I should be able to make it.  While I haven't done anything particularly that's irreversible (other than sell the family silver and give away a ton of junk to a thrift store), I'm committed to getting it done and getting on the road, and to another state.  I just feel setting up a Texas address was the proverbial stepping off the cliff - I still haven't burned any bridges yet, I'm committed to being a full-timer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, fpmtngal said:

Congrats on the new RV!  That Class C looks like a very functional floor plan.   Are you going to change your domicile or remain a Wyoming citizen?  A couple of years ago I was camping in Dubois and kept reading a real estate ad for a couple of acres, spring on the property along with a water tank, power and septic tank.  I loved the area and seriously thought about buying it and claiming Wyoming as my primary residence, with the California house as a second (winter) home.  But I couldn't make the finances work.  I still love Wyoming in the summer though.

Thanks. It does seem to be pretty functional. We have most of our everyday stuff in it already. Would just need to grab some clothes and food and could head out for a weekend.

We will probably change our domicile to SD. Vehicle ins. is about 25% to 30% cheaper there than WY. Ins. agent told me one time the reason WY rates are so high is due to the high number of wildlife related accidents.

I've been pretty fortunate with RVs. The last three I've owned I've not had any major issues with. That stinks having a kink in the fresh water drain. The tech that did the PDI on our motorhome is pretty good. He used to work for the company I work for and was always pretty meticulous in his work. I know he filled the fresh tank, checked the pump, all the water system, etc. Then had to re-winterize since we can still get sub-freezing temps at night. Was 69 here on Tues. and 21 this morning when I got up. We're hoping to go out for a weekend early next month. Or at least do some driveway "camping" lol.

Dubois has some beautiful country in the area. I did a backpacking trip with our church boys group there but that was over 20 years ago. We've spent most of our time rving in the Big Horn mountains. Lots of ATV trails there, which our family is big into.

We're going to go with Escapees also. Our friends that are in SD went with another service and is not happy. He said he signed up for a year so when that's up he is changing to Escapees also.

Edited by CasperBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CasperBob said:

 

We will probably change our domicile to SD. Vehicle ins. is about 25% to 30% cheaper there than WY. Ins. agent told me one time the reason WY rates are so high is due to the high number of wildlife related accidents.

Oh, you mean like my sister who called me once saying that she had one-upped me. She was driving between Casper and Laramie after dark and hit two - not one but two - antelope. That was about a year after we hit a bear here in California.

My dealer was very good at checking all the systems, but he didn’t re-winterize. It’s not usually a big deal for the majority of his customers here in SoCal so I don’t think he thought of it. I guess I’m lucky I live where it does snow because I discovered the issue right away and could get it fixed within a couple of days. I also got to use the trailer right off, so I put into practice all of the stuff he taught me on the delivery inspection. If it weren’t for the horrendous sales tax here, I’d probably buy from him again if I decide my trailer is too small for full-time living.

I’m madly trying to get stuff out of the house, There’s a number of RV items in the house that I don’t leave in the trailer when it’s going to freeze, such as the adjustable water pressure regulator as the gauge is in oil and I froze one once. I also don’t leave the Winegard portable satellite antenna or a couple of other electronic devices as I wonder about the electronics reacting to the cold. Hopefully tonight will be the last of the below 32 nights, that’s the forecast anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An update:

Today I signed the listing paperwork - my house is officially for sale!  There's still some things in it, but a whole lot less than there was, and it's in shape to show.

I now have an Escapees Texas address, a safety deposit box in Las Vegas but decided to wait until the house goes into escrow or toward the end of May (when my sister gets back from a trip) before actually renting one and moving what stuff I'm going to keep there.

It occurred to me today as I was doing the final housekeeping (I hate housekeeping), that I don't think I can manage to keep the house in show condition for very long if I'm living here.  Right now it's not a problem - tomorrow I'm going camping and will be gone 10 days.  But after that?

How do people manage to keep their house up while they are living there?  Or do they just move out and go on the road, leaving the house empty while it's on the market?  I've been so busy concentrating on getting rid of stuff and fixing what needed to be fixed that I really don't have any plans beyond this upcoming camping trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:29 PM, fpmtngal said:

An update:

Today I signed the listing paperwork - my house is officially for sale. How do people manage to keep their house up while they are living there?  

Here's hoping for a quick sale for you guys!!!!

We are preparing our house to go on the market the first of June. They are selling fast in our city, sometimes the same day.  I suppose keeping it show ready is relative to a lot of factors such as the number of people living there (like kids) and pets.  I've sold a few with us living in it which is a hassle if it stays on the market long because you have to be gone when they show it.  

If I'm understanding our realtor correctly, she is planning an open house right at the beginning. That's when the house should look it's best.  So Plan A is sell to someone that already wants it and is waiting for it to go on the market or at the initial open house. And plan B would be to keep living in it until it sells. BUT Plan C is possible for us in that we are picking up our fifth wheel Monday and can live in it while the house is on the market. We just don't want the added cost of campgrounds so we are planning just to roll with whatever works and see how it goes.

By the sale, our realtor expects to stage the house with some furniture. We will be down to living in the living room, kitchen, one bedroom and a bath. That's not that much to cleanup each day, especially as the bathroom is attached to the bedroom.

Our last house that sold we rented a storage unit and put as much in it as possible during the sale.

 

Edited by mds1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully I’ll get an offer right away and won’t have to worry about it. My realtor has my house down for their agent caravan next week while I’m camping. I don’t think she’s planning an open house just yet.

I think I’d rather go camping somewhere instead of remembering to wipe down the stainless steel kitchen sink every time I use it. But I’ll see when I get back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are others doing with their houses? Mine has been shown a couple of times but there hasn’t been enough houses for the realtor’s caravan the last 2 weeks. So I’m waiting, impatiently. 

The funny thing is a friend of mine approached me about buying my trailer! For the past few years I said I would buy something bigger if I were to go full-time, but now that I am doing it, I realize that my current trailer is home and I’m not so sure I want anything bigger. Funny how that works.

I sure would like to hear how others are progressing right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We picked up our 35' fifth wheel from the dealership two weeks ago. Getting ready to put the house on the market. Realtor wants to get it listed by June but I'm not sure if we can get it ready by then. Downsizing is going well.  We are content just to get on the road full time by the end of September and hoping everything falls in place. Wife is retired and I'm looking to by October 4th.  Just taking small bites out of everything that needs to be done but boy it is challenging. 

 

Good luck in the house sale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been in the RV a week now. Still looking for ways to store everything...brought too much from the sticks and bricks. 

Took a trailer full up to son stationed in Norfolk, have another load for daughter in Pgh, and a very small stack of things we want to keep but not in our Momentum 350. Had an estate sale last week that did not go very well at all..too many things from Japan and SE Asia that everyone came to look at but nobody bought. BUT did not choose the right estate sale person anyhow...she had no idea how to price much of anything. Too entranced by the foreign stuff, no experience with the garage stuff.

 

Anyhow, sold some more on FB Marketplace but it's a nightmare getting people to show up and make a decision at a far-less-than-reasonable price. We're at pennies on the dollar and at this point I'd rather donate. We have six bookcases full of non-fiction and trying to donate to a school or library but not much interest, so I guess I'll be hauling a few truckloads to a Half-Price Books for $20.

 

BUT the RV is great! Have figured out all the systems except the vacuum cleaner. Really looking forward to getting on the road...after we figure out how to lock all this stuff down!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mds1 said:

We picked up our 35' fifth wheel from the dealership two weeks ago. Getting ready to put the house on the market. Realtor wants to get it listed by June but I'm not sure if we can get it ready by then. Downsizing is going well.  We are content just to get on the road full time by the end of September and hoping everything falls in place. Wife is retired and I'm looking to by October 4th.  Just taking small bites out of everything that needs to be done but boy it is challenging. 

 

Good luck in the house sale

Timing does seem to play a big part in selling houses, so the realtors tell me.  I could see my realtor’s point about getting the house on the market when I did - mine is the only house in its price-range in my neighborhood, and the weather has finally gotten warm so that works in my favor.  I rushed to get it on the market, mostly for my own reasons (get rid of it NOW) but also with timing in mind (houses rarely sell up here in the winter).  So I can see your realtor’s point - it’s spring and hopefully people will be wanting to buy so they can get moved in before the end of summer.  Good luck with it!

2 hours ago, Tawnya said:

We have been in the RV a week now. Still looking for ways to store everything...brought too much from the sticks and bricks. 

Took a trailer full up to son stationed in Norfolk, have another load for daughter in Pgh, and a very small stack of things we want to keep but not in our Momentum 350. Had an estate sale last week that did not go very well at all..too many things from Japan and SE Asia that everyone came to look at but nobody bought. BUT did not choose the right estate sale person anyhow...she had no idea how to price much of anything. Too entranced by the foreign stuff, no experience with the garage stuff.

 

Anyhow, sold some more on FB Marketplace but it's a nightmare getting people to show up and make a decision at a far-less-than-reasonable price. We're at pennies on the dollar and at this point I'd rather donate. We have six bookcases full of non-fiction and trying to donate to a school or library but not much interest, so I guess I'll be hauling a few truckloads to a Half-Price Books for $20.

 

BUT the RV is great! Have figured out all the systems except the vacuum cleaner. Really looking forward to getting on the road...after we figure out how to lock all this stuff down!

 

I know what you mean about selling stuff, I haven’t really tried.  I have a bunch of stuff on consignment at an antiques store but for the most part I’ve donated a lot of stuff (all books, many DVDs, etc.) to a thrift store.  My motivation is to get rid of it all, less incentive to get anything for it all. I’ll be donating the rest of the stuff in the house once I either get an offer or am out of the house entirely.

I have some really lovely old cut glass that I would really like to find a home for (family stuff).  The antiques store says that it’s no longer selling for anything so I think I’ll pack it up and deliver it to a niece of mine in Colorado. She can decide what to do with it as I’m not willing to just donate it to the thrift store for some reason (much of it is beautiful work and I always thought it was pretty). And it would be a good excuse to take a trip to Colorado.

At the moment I’m trying to get rid of boxes and boxes of slides that were taken either my my father or me way back in the days of film.  My flatbed scanner capable of scanning transparencies is very slow.  I’d rather be camping but certainly don’t want to pay storage fees on it all.  I was surprised to discover just how much of the containers under the house held pictures!  

How did you deal with the “gee, this would be useful at some point, think I’ll toss it into the trailer” thoughts while you were going through house stuff?  I’m trying not to get too carried away with that, especially since I’m not (at this point) planning on upsizing my RV.  Thinking about it but not planning on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am SO jazzed! Thank you all for your wishes for a quick sale.

I got an offer that was close to full price, more than I was expecting, with a 45 day closing. As impatient as I am to get it all done, the 45 day closing allows for some breathing room, in case something unexpected happens. And it gives me the chance to go through what I’m planning on putting into storage a second time, to really consider it all as well as properly pack it.

It should be in escrow by the end of the day today!

I also spent an informative morning at an RV dealer’s lot, looking at various models of TT. It gave me lots to think about: clarified some things, confused me about other things and left me feeling indecisive about replacing my current (small) RV.

I’ve never full-timed before so am only imagining what different needs I might have. How different will it be as a full-timer compared to doing 2-3 month trips or week-day living in the TT for 4 months (both of which I’ve done in my current TT for over 3 years)? I think I really need to find out before paying money based on thoughts/expectations rather than personal experience. 

I think the profit from the house is burning a whole in my pocket and I shouldn’t spend money I don’t have yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrads on the house!  We are struggling to get everything ready to put in on the market. So much to do with so little time. We just want it looking its best rather than fixing stuff while waiting for closing.

For full time vs long stays. I'd think the personal property you would have in the trailer would be the same for the most part but there is going to be items you leave at home normally that you will take if it's permanent. Even the small stuff adds up. Cargo capacity is important. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
3 hours ago, fpmtngal said:

I’ve never full-timed before so am only imagining what different needs I might have. How different will it be as a full-timer compared to doing 2-3 month trips or week-day living in the TT for 4 months (both of which I’ve done in my current TT for over 3 years)? I think I really need to find out before paying money based on thoughts/expectations rather than personal experience. 

Take your time! Whatever you do, don't allow some salesperson to pressure you into a purchase before you are ready. And don't feel that you have to spend all of your money as you may need a nest egg somewhere down the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good advice about taking my time. I’m planning on it, in spite of drooling over the new bigger models and some of the very cool new features they are including in them.

They didn’t have the model I was considering on the lot anyway, except a used one on consignment, instantly ruled out as it doesn’t have three of the must-haves on my wish list. So while I found the visit useful information, there was no hard sell (it was the same dealer I bought my trailer from over 3 years ago). I’m a seasoned timeshare shopper/owner and quickly caught on to some of the salesperson’s tricks before I bought my current (and first) RV. They can be similar to the tactics used by the timeshare industry.

My concern is cargo capacity - not so much space as weight with my current rig. I don’t use the space I have very well and could see myself being way overweight if I were to pack it  fully (last time I weighed the rig I was over 500 lbs under GVWR but that was with empty fresh water tank, so I’d be about 100 - 200 lbs under with it full). If I were to do that, I wouldn’t have everything so conveniently placed. I could add a container of paperwork easily enough (one of the main things I might want, though I have a safety deposit box that my sister can access for important originals).

Sitting here in the trailer, hanging out with friends this weekend, I’m having trouble coming up with many needs I don’t already have covered that would push me into a bigger trailer.

One thing would be off-season clothes but since I’ve already decided I was getting a storage unit where my sister lives for a couple of antiques and some pretty stuff I’m happy to pay storage fees for. I’m planning on keeping off-season clothes there in plastic containers. I’ll be visiting her occasionally so I could change over then. 

Am I missing something else I haven’t thought about?

The other consideration is that if I upgrade to a bigger trailer I could also find myself needing a bigger TV, domino effect. I’m not ready to commit to that just yet either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2018 at 11:45 AM, Grizz1 said:

 

Congrats on your home sale! Sounds like our houses sold on or about the same day. I’m envious of your 45-days til closing. I have thirty to get my stuff in storage and will also be picking up and outfitting my new travel trailer during this period. Somehow it WILL all get done. I am so looking forward to life after property. Funny, you’re thinking of transitioning to a larger TT ... I’m thinking that the 26-footer I have on order may be too big. Guess we won’t know until the houses are completely out of the picture. I’d say revisit the idea in July. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Reedhoppa said:

I am so looking forward to life after property.

Congrats to both you and Grizz1 on the sale of your houses! I had to laugh when I read your comment about life after property because I told the DW almost the exact same thing the other night. She took early retirement and is among the happily retired folks as of April 26. Now things are moving much faster on the remodeling projects on our house. We are hoping to have it on the market by late July/early Aug. but to be honest I think we will be done much sooner.

Because we have been remodeling, the house is pretty emptied out. Down to just one bedroom set from four. Family room is now empty. Office is next along with some of the living room furniture. But the big project will be the garage full of woodworking tools and supplies. That will be the hard one for me.

We didn't really up size or down size when we made our move from a 32' 5th wheel to a 32.5' Class C. Still need to get it out on a shake down weekend, but the weather has been be crazy. We had about 5 days of summer last week, now been snowing for two days. Ah spring time in Wyoming. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Escapees Hangouts

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

Shade My RV

AGS Now Hiring

RV Pet Safety



×
×
  • Create New...