Tracker Blocker & VPN

LindaH

Anyone familiar with Disconnect?

http://mashable.com/2017/06/13/how-to-stay-anonymous-online/#_fHmHI41gmqS

The $49 sale price for a lifetime subscription looks like a good deal, but I don't know anything about it (or much about VPN's for that matter).  I'm not really interested in paying a monthly fee for a VPN.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Wow!

I am going to get the basic for my main computer. If that works out then Pro for our two phones and my main computer.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I run the Opera browser which comes with a free ad blocker and VPN.  Works great, is totally free.  I use it on my MacBook, my Win 10 machine, and my Android devices.  On Android, there is a separate VPN, also free.  There are some things to be aware of, like on some of my bank accounts I have to turn VPN off because they won't allow an anonymous connection.  But you can't complain about something because it works well!

John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

48 minutes ago, Ron said:

I just went to the "disconnect me" website and my Java Script Blocker detected that they were using canvas fingerprinting - hummm.

Better to have a single site know than every other site . At least you know which site has that singular information . 

Seriously , an example , I use a weather site for obvious reasons . That site has 37 sub requests for information which get get blocked by Disconnect . 

Goes around , comes around .

Has anyone tried to buy Disconnect from the Mashable site -- and been successful?

I purchased it on Saturday and received a Confirmation email.  The email was blank, but the Subject line had the Confirmation number.  I did not receive any download link.

Despite emailing them three times about the situation, I never heard anything back, so this afternoon, I put in a dispute with my credit card company. 

Seems like Mashable is a scam site?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Archived