Hospice Dream Trip!

Hello, my name is Brystal and I am a hospice social worker. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to be contacting y'all but I thought it was a good place to start! I reached out to the Escapees Club a few weeks ago and they mentioned this is the best avenue to finding people who may be able to help with my special request :). I currently have a patient whom is terminally ill and not sure how long she has. She is currently in the Conroe area and working part-time but may be required to stop at anytime due to her illness. When she is forced to stop working she is looking into getting back to Philadelphia where her social/spiritual group is and where she wishes to be laid to rest. She does not feel comfortable utilizing an airplane for transport due to the stress and discomfort from her diagnosis and having to sit up for the duration. When discussing plans for transport she mentioned the Escapees Club and said prior to her becoming ill her plan was to retire and join your club and travel the U.S.! We are hoping by reaching out to you that there is a possibility of a member or member(s) that would be able to assist with her transport from Houston area to Philly. This is her wish and desire if it can be done! This would be a tremendous gift and last wish for such a unique and humbly spirited woman.  She is understanding that there will most likely be cost involved but as we are discussing her final wishes we are trying to plan ahead so she can find peace of mind. Thank you all for your time, consideration, and guidance on this request, God Bless!

You might contact Angel Flight.  We do this type of work with smaller private aircraft.  They probably have ground arrangements too.  You might also contact Make-a-Wish.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

On 6/12/2017 at 7:25 PM, socialworker said:

Hello, my name is Brystal and I am a hospice social worker. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to be contacting y'all but I thought it was a good place to start!

It might be helpful if you were to post more information. Things like when this travel is desired, will someone be attending the patient, is there insurance to protect the RV owner from any liability issue, other than driving, what is being asked of the RV owner? Based upon the small amount of information, it would seem that what you are asking is for someone with a class A to do this, since any type of trailer would mean the patient riding in the tow vehicle and a class C has less than ideal access between the driver and the bedroom. If you share more you may get better responses. 

Some other questions: Who will be paying the travel expenses like fuel and maintenance? How much time can be spent in route? Is the patient ambulatory? What happens if the worst should occur and the patient needs immediate medical attention?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived