"Revised" advice from Splendide

docj

I'm sure most Splendide owners are familiar with the famous F13 fault and the practice of "flushing" the device to wash away the crud that is causing the problem.

As I learned the "drill" it starts on Cycle 11, goes through a fill of at least halfway up the glass and then switches to Cycle 2 (with Extra Rinse selected).

Recently, despite multiple flushing attempts I was making little progress.  I could get the device to be Ok for a couple of loads but then it would go back to the F13.  I was all but ready to tear it apart to clean out the crud when I decided to call Westland Sales.  

The person I spoke with said that there are now some changes in what is recommended with respect to the F13 fault.  Specifically, they are now recommending that the user purchase a product called AFFresh Washing Machine Cleaner and use a tablet in each of the three "flushes".  Also, rather than using Cycle 11 followed by Cycle 2, he said that he feels there are better results with Cycle 11 followed by Cycle 10.

I've now done this and the washer has now gone through a couple of cycles successfully.  I'll let you know more in another few weeks but I wanted to bring to everyone's attention the recommendation to use Affresh.  It's a product that's similar to dishwasher detergent and it's not surprising that it helps clean out the crud.  It's not cheap, but I'll now use it at least once a month as a preventive medicine. Cleaning out the machine wouldn't be all that difficult if access to it was easier; I'll do anything to avoid having to pull it out of its enclosure!

Joel (AKA docj)

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I ended up back flushing the system.  I put a sprayer on the cold inlet hose from the RV and sprayed into the discharge hose at the connection on the machine- not the extension, and back flushed the system.  The amount of debris that came out was incredible.  We did the cycle 11 drill several times after that and haven't had any issue lately.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived