Unusual Occurrence

chuckbear

Kirk and Dutch. I plan to add a snorkel higher up using PVC pipe. I found some posts online from someone that did this and it looks like a solid and permanent solution. I plan or working on this over the weekend since sudden and heavy downpours are quite common here in Florida, even this time of year. We have a trip planned for Christmas. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

9 hours ago, chuckbear said:

As I understand the "fix" for this issue, including a Ford TSB that is no longer available, is to remove all the ground wires connected to the OBD connector and solder them to a new single ground. Then attaching that ground to a new clean connection to the firewall. As for the air filter, it isn't a matter of changing the filter, but modifying the air intake so I can drive if it's raining. Chuck

You seem to want to substitute the On-board diagnostics (OBD) connector for the power-train control module ( PCM ) connector

Exactly why I said : PCM grounding is totally different than OBD . Make sure to fully understand .

They are totally different systems . DO NOT change the grounds on the OBD . Read the Ford TSB , CAREFULLY , and change only the indicated grounds . 

Goes around , comes around .

1 hour ago, chuckbear said:

You are correct. I  was using the wrong terminology. I do understand the difference. Thanks. Chuck

Good you understand . I'd hate for you to make a mistake and possibly immobilize your rig because you thought reality was something it's not . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

Archived