How Much Weight Can We Pack On A Slideout?

cjwswim

We have a StarCraft 239TBS Travel Trailer.  What kind of weight do you pack on the slide out when it is in the closed position?  We know not to open or close the slide out with a bunch of weight on it, but cannot find weight limits for packing for the trip.  Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Glad to have you join us and we will do our best to help.

I'm not sure just what you are meaning but if you have storage bays that are part of the slide-out then I'd not stuff them full of things that are extra heavy like tools. On the other hand, it should be safe to assume that a reasonable amount of weight into it without problems. On the other hand, if you mean temporary storage inside of the RV, I would not excessively load it but I have never heard of any load ratings for a slide mechanism, although there must be such ratings somewhere. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Great question.  We just purchased the 245DS (dinette slide).  Looking at the owners manual, it has no information on that. I should think that when in the full retract/stow position it would handle a reasonable amount of weight.  If you think about it, our dinette should be designed to handle 4 adults seated at the table when extended. It sure would be a good place to store items as there is room under the table and to help balance the opposite (in our case) kitchen heavy side of the coach.

• 5 months later...

I too have a similar query. Recently my dad ordered a Winnebago Class B RV and wants to ship it to our place. But while talking to a certain shipping company, we were told about vehicles that can haul such a huge RV. My dad was clueless because this is his first time. Shipping companies would always ship the vehicle in the best possible way, but we too wanted to have a knowledge about how would they do it. While discussing with my friend, I found extra resources over here. Please suggest me as to how we should move forward with the shipping.

On 5/21/2017 at 5:07 PM, cjwswim said:

We have a StarCraft 239TBS Travel Trailer.  What kind of weight do you pack on the slide out when it is in the closed position?  We know not to open or close the slide out with a bunch of weight on it, but cannot find weight limits for packing for the trip.  Thanks for the help!

What are you thinking you want to pack the slide with ? 

Goes around , comes around .

30 minutes ago, gclewis said:

I too have a similar query. Recently my dad ordered a Winnebago Class B RV and wants to ship it to our place. But while talking to a certain shipping company, we were told about vehicles that can haul such a huge RV. My dad was clueless because this is his first time. Shipping companies would always ship the vehicle in the best possible way, but we too wanted to have a knowledge about how would they do it. While discussing with my friend, I found extra resources over here. Please suggest me as to how we should move forward with the shipping.

Not very similar ... Instead of hijacking someone's thread , why not start your own ?

Anyway , consider having the Winnie driven to where ever you want it . Maybe a friend or hire a driver . 

With only 3 posts this person may not be experienced as to how to decide where to post what. I have been on since 2002 and I sure don't know where to post some questions or comments on occaision.  While not related I found his link informative.

3 hours ago, bigjim said:

With only 3 posts this person may not be experienced as to how to decide where to post what. I have been on since 2002 and I sure don't know where to post some questions or comments on occaision.  While not related I found his link informative.

True that^ .

As a forum mod for maybe too many years , I always say : just start your own thread . You'll get better response and it'll always be easier to find . After all , it is exactly why a thread called a thread : slightly different topic from the one next to it .

5 hours ago, gclewis said:

Site locked up and posted 3 times  

Site posted 3 times

I'd bet dollars to donuts that this post is spam, clickbait likely put by someone trying to add "inbound links" for Search Engine optimization.  

Archived