Mother's Day Verizon Internet Speeds

Today in Livingston my Verizon MIFI is experiencing extremely slow speeds. Starting getting sloe mid afternoon. Speedtest showed .61 Mps down and less for upload. I was worried about the throttling possibility with my unlimited plan being implemented. I also signed on to the park network, for my $3 fee, and it is much slower than normal.  Anyone else experiencing a Mother's Day slow down?

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

There is high usage on everything on mothers day however your Verizon MIFI WILL revert t o 3G speed at 10 GIG of usage. Mine did this month.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

This is my third billing period for unlimited.  No throttling during the first two months.  I should have know this would be an issue since the agent's lips were moving.  After visiting the Verizon store in Cleveland, TX today, I stopped at the AT&T store in Livingston.  The manager stated their unlimited on the MIFI could drop to 3G after 10GB of 4G IF the cell towers in my location were real busy.  Other than that, I would have 4G.  By the way this is the same description the Verizon agent in Cleveland stated when I moved to the unlimited plan.

Looking hard at making the switch AT&T.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

• 2 weeks later...

Archived