New to forum

Papa Tom

Hi working on bed build Volvo 610 need to locate steel fender to fabricate fender flares. any help  

would be appreciated. Trying to finish in time for Nat. Rally.  Trying to learn how to use computer.

Please bear with me. Will try and post more about truck project with picture as I learn.

Thanks     

Welcome Papa Tom. Look forward to seeing you in Hutchinson. Don't worry about it being finished just came and have fun.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

I can't help with a source for fender flares. Most people just roll their own. Alot depends on how wide the bed is and how much room you have for the flares....in the case of the bed I'm currently building 1/2" flares complete the 102" width. Just rolled steel and welded it to the skirts.

Welcome to the forum!!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

My Ford F-550 had an RV hauler bed on it and it had bolted on fender flares.  When the Ford Dealer destroyed one of the flares, the dealer ordered a pair from the bed builder.  This was a stock item and came in chrome metal or black plastic.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of the bed builder.  But they were an off the shelf replacement part.  Perhaps a google search may reveal the supplier of this item.

Thanks to all, I have searched on line and found semi truck fenders for singled  axel. I can cut one in half and install on bed. Found one price was good but shipping it was twice the amount of fender. Might have to bite the bullet. Before I cut the metal for the opening need to know how large to cut.  Truck has 295 75 22.5 tires. The circumference  I believe is 40 inches so need to add to circumference for clearance before cutting so as not to make to big.    

Are these the type of fenders you are looking for?

IMG_20150402_124830_271_zpsltzhpkfi.jpg

They were available in Aluminum and Stainless Steel. Ours are Mirror finish Stainless steel. Contact us by Private email if you want more info.

Ours had a radius of 24.50" and a 2" lip which is what is needed for a 22.5" diameter tire. It was 4" wide and had mounting slots to mount to brackets on the inside of our bed sides.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

5 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

Are these the type of fenders you are looking for?

IMG_20150402_124830_271_zpsltzhpkfi.jpg

They were available in Aluminum and Stainless Steel. Ours are Mirror finish Stainless steel. Contact us by Private email if you want more info.

Ours had a radius of 24.50" and a 2" lip which is what is needed for a 22.5" diameter tire. It was 4" wide and had mounting slots to mount to brackets on the inside of our bed sides.

Dave

Those are the ones that I was referring to.

Archived