ABS Fault code

RHeller1

On 1/3/2019 at 5:22 PM, RHeller1 said:

My issue is now odd.  If I am making a turn from a dead stop or under 20mph, the truck will have no throttle response until the steer wheels are close to straight again.  I am thinking it has something to do with ESC, maybe thinking the rear end is sliding, when in actuality it is not.  Once the steers are close to straight again, full power and all is well.  No other codes besides MID136 SID69 FMI2.  any help here is greatly appreciated.  

I did a Google search and this sounds like traction control. There should be a fuse if you pull it that will turn of traction control and then you will know. 

After reading a bit through the Bendix website, since they have the ESC,Traction control and ABS stuff in my truck, I found this:

TRUCK CHASSIS MODIFICATIONS If the vehicle’s chassis components are altered (for example, a wheel base extension or reduction, tag axle addition or removal, a major body change such as conversion of a tractor into a truck, or an axle, suspension, or steering system component modification) the basic ABS functionality may continue to be used, but advanced ABS features, such as the Bendix® ESP® system, must be disabled. See the appropriate Service Data sheet for more information.

My truck frame has been extended quite a bit, so I am going to see if the dealer can change my Bendix setup to basic rather than advanced, which should eliminate TCS,steering angle sensor and a few others.  I will let you know how it turns out

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, DesertMiner said:

Thanks for the follow-up!  

Sure wish more  folks that post problems would let us know what fixed it!

Agreed, it's a major benefit to future generations of technicians and owners.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Archived