SMI Stay in Play Duo Brake System

w6pea

I am getting ready to instal a Road Master Night Hawk Tow Bar, and a Road Mast EZ5 Base Plate on my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee .  I have heard many "Horror Stories" about the Road Master Invisa Brake.  So I have decided to go with the SMI Stay in Play Duo Brake System. I am going to install this on a 2005 Jamboree 26Q Class-C, we were looking at buying a new Class-C with the Ram 5500 and Cummins Diesel , But decide to keep what we have because it's paid for and has only 35k miles on it. 

Have any of you had any problems with the SMI Stay in Play Duo Brake system?

Thank You for your answers.

Pat

Remember..."Without Truck Drivers America Stops" 

"I woke up still not dead again today!"
"Take me to the Brig....I want to see the real Marines" Lt.Gen. L.B. "Chesty" Puller during a Battalion inspection.
"Semper Fi"

Where have you heard horror stories about the invisibrake?  I have one and love it.  Three of my very good friends whom we camp with regularly also have them and love them.  They were the reason I bought mine.  I also did some research outside of my friends' recommendations and did not find any "horror stories."  What issues were in these stories?  I am very curious to know.  Maybe there is something I can watch out for?  Otherwise I highly recommend it.  It is always in place and is hidden from view.  It takes no intervention to make it work other than to plug the towed into the tow vehicle.  It couldn't be any simpler to use.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We had some problems with our Invisibrake, but fixing the ground connection on the tow car fixed them.  The installer had shared the ground with the brake lights and that was somehow causing it to be flaky.  Now both are separately grounded.  The troubleshooting and fix were done at Roadmaster in Vancouver WA.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Archived