Sign in to follow this  
fmracerbob

Tires for the Class A

Looking for experience with either the Continental HSR2 or Firestone 560FS for the 22.5 rims.  Really should change tires before a 2 week trip and these are what is available locally for a reasonable price. 

I have not used either tire, but I do wonder at choosing tires based upon cost? To me, the tires are safety equipment and failures can not only lead to an accident, but they often do major damage to the RV in any situation where they come apart. 

Firestone 560 is a great option if your loads allow its use. Bridgestone/Firestone Engineers recommend it for RV use. It is a good proven regional tire.

Always make sure when getting new tires that the load capacities are correct for the loads you actually carry on your RV. Which means it is good to weigh the RV, preferably by wheel position.

Been running the Firestone 560 for years now and they have served us well. Used on an HDT.

After consideration I went with the Continentals as I was able to find some good reviews.   I had my coach weighted last year at Congress so no problems there.  I had no issues with the Toyos but they aged out and are not made anymore.

Edited by fmracerbob