Double Coin Tires

dimar

Hi All,

We are needing new rear tires (4) and have just started doing research.  The Double Coin Tires is a new one to us.  Doing internet reviews turns up a mixed bag.  Has anyone ever used them and what do you think about them?

Thanks,

Diane Hitzel

Diane (and Andy, too)

Our blog:

Diane, it would help if you could tell us what size tires you are looking for, what kind of a rig you have, and where you are.  We always get tires in Oregon (no sales tax) as we move up and down the coast.  Les Schwab is located all over the west and we've used a couple and recommend them highly.   Because we have a DP, we have stayed with the OEM tires, which are Toyos.  Yes, they are more expensive and are truck tires, but we have been very happy with them.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Hi Barb and Dave (and everyone else),

I apologize....  We have a 2003 Fleetwood Bounder 36D.  Tire size is 19.5".  We are located in Pennsylvania,  We had a blowout on our Goodyear coming back from AZ.  It was the passenger side inside dually.  To be honest, those tires are 7 years old so we technically are "aged out".  Our front tires are Goodyear, replaced 2 years ago.

Delaware also has no sales tax and since my daughter lives there, we figured we would visit and then get them replaced there - :-).  So, of course, we were thinking that Goodyear and Michelin are the top BUT have things changed in the past few years.  Thus the research and the questions here.

Thanks and Happy Easter to all.

Diane

Diane (and Andy, too)

Our blog:

Honestly , this is the first time I've heard of Double Coin tires . 

We run Toyo tires . They are going on 7 years , look and perform great  . We'll replace them with Toyos , unless things have changed .

The Toyos replaced Goodyear tires the were old and the fronts were badly cupped . Likely due to poor maintenance , but who knows .

Goes around , comes around .

15 hours ago, dimar said:

Hi Barb and Dave (and everyone else),

I apologize....  We have a 2003 Fleetwood Bounder 36D.  Tire size is 19.5".  We are located in Pennsylvania,  We had a blowout on our Goodyear coming back from AZ.  It was the passenger side inside dually.  To be honest, those tires are 7 years old so we technically are "aged out".  Our front tires are Goodyear, replaced 2 years ago.

Delaware also has no sales tax and since my daughter lives there, we figured we would visit and then get them replaced there - :-).  So, of course, we were thinking that Goodyear and Michelin are the top BUT have things changed in the past few years.  Thus the research and the questions here.

Thanks and Happy Easter to all.

Diane

Another tire to consider in your size is Hankooks.  Our previous class A Winnebago had 19.5 tires and our current class A Newmar DP has the 22.5 ones.  We have used them on our MH's and personal vehicles for (10) yrs now with excellent results.  Did I mention that they are also reasonably priced? :rolleyes:  We found them to be $250-400 cheaper per tire than Goodyears/Mischelins.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

Insofar as tires are the weakest link between your coach and the pavement, I'm more concerned about quality rather than cost.  We've had Bridgestone tires on our coach now for 16 years with zero issues, no blow-outs.  We replace our tires every 7 years.

Good luck with your choice and Safe travels.....:)

Jim & Sherry Seward

2000 Residency Mod. 3790

2003 Suzuki XL/7 4WD

Archived