SuiteSuccess

ECR Final Post

Depending on how the week goes, I amy try to ride up Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning. Sort of hoping I don't get a job offer tomorrow. 

Rod

Expecting 15-25 cm (12") so just want to get out of here and not drive in this stuff for to long.....sounds like weather is a little better down there. :)   Do they even get snow down there?

Carl....I don't think we'll be cutting lawn today......that is a beautiful view. Is that in TN? I am getting a little worried about getting out of here in time if this continues.

Carl   My brother and his wife will be joining us on Wen the 26th. I'll pay the reg fee when we get in on thurs the 20th. Could I get name tags for them? Mike Lester and Mary Lester. Just got firm plans from them so I'm sorry about the short time notice. You can have one of my Makers Mark adult beverages. Looking forward to seeing everybody and enjoying that Crossville weather.   Pat

The Old Sailor

10 hours ago, JPL said:

Carl   My brother and his wife will be joining us on Wen the 26th. I'll pay the reg fee when we get in on thurs the 20th. Could I get name tags for them? Mike Lester and Mary Lester. Just got firm plans from them so I'm sorry about the short time notice. You can have one of my Makers Mark adult beverages. Looking forward to seeing everybody and enjoying that Crossville weather.   Pat

The Old Sailor

Will do Pat. I'll put them with your tags.

A week away and still looks like we'll make it. Worse case is possibly arriving a day or two late.

Congrats on your win last night Rick. It's the only time I've cheered for the Oilers. Hoping for a battle of Alberta in the second round :)

Mike

Thanks Mike...it was a great game. I had put away the snow shovel for the season but as you can see in the picture above had to bring it out again 

1 minute ago, RickS said:

Thanks Mike...it was a great game. I had put away the snow shovel for the season but as you can see in the picture above had to bring it out again 

I'm living it too brother. Sitting in Chetwynd BC as we type. Flying out of GP tomorrow to head back south to momma in AZ and get ready to head east.

Hi everyone.  I am looking forward to the ECR very much.  We attended the National in Hutchinson.  That was a huge first for us, meeting many of you, and driving not flying that far west.  Thank you for your warm welcome and willing information.

I have been shopping (obsessing, DW would add) for what will probably be a Volvo 730.  I have seen a few but even the unconverted trucks are a bit more than the average 780.  RVH has many fine fine haulers but for me price is a pretty big factor.  As much for the difficulty financing such.

If you are attending this year's ECR, and your rig is for sale, would you mind posting some info or a link?  I hope the organizers don't mind.

3 minutes ago, Sculptor said:

Hi everyone.  I am looking forward to the ECR very much.  We attended the National in Hutchinson.  That was a huge first for us, meeting many of you, and driving not flying that far west.  Thank you for your warm welcome and willing information.

I have been shopping (obsessing, DW would add) for what will probably be a Volvo 730.  I have seen a few but even the unconverted trucks are a bit more than the average 780.  RVH has many fine fine haulers but for me price is a pretty big factor.  As much for the difficulty financing such.

If you are attending this year's ECR, and your rig is for sale, would you mind posting some info or a link?  I hope the organizers don't mind.

No objection at all.  In fact I will have a message board at the rally where people can also post rigs for sale.  What I have always discouraged is people showing up at the rally just to sell a rig or product and not be part of the event itself as a participant.  If anyone at the rally wishes to have a "for sale" sign in the windshield of their truck or taped to their trailer that is acceptable also.  Like our politicians I reserve the right to do a 180* if things become too commercial.

2 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

If anyone at the rally wishes to have a "for sale" sign in the windshield of their truck or taped to their trailer that is acceptable also.  Like our politicians I reserve the right to do a 180* if things become too commercial.

Thank you S.S. I haven't associated many names and handles yet.

So standing in the campground pavilion waving a stack of cash would not be too commercial.  I'm glad to hear that.

In my case it might be an IOU....   ;)

2 hours ago, Sculptor said:

So standing in the campground pavilion waving a stack of cash would not be too commercial.  I'm glad to hear that.

In my case it might be an IOU....   ;)

Oh, I don't know....I for one, would love to see that.....Heck, I might even sell you my new rig that is not even done yet....CASH talks.   :)

3 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

No objection at all.  In fact I will have a message board at the rally where people can also post rigs for sale.  What I have always discouraged is people showing up at the rally just to sell a rig or product and not be part of the event itself as a participant.  If anyone at the rally wishes to have a "for sale" sign in the windshield of their truck or taped to their trailer that is acceptable also.  Like our politicians I reserve the right to do a 180* if things become too commercial.

Maybe you can bribe Denver to Auction a truck or 2!