ECR Final Post

SuiteSuccess

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on how the week goes, I amy try to ride up Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning. Sort of hoping I don't get a job offer tomorrow. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I'm with RickW. No white stuff allowed. When it come, I go.

2001 Volvo 610 HDT with Smart Car bed and ET Junior hitch

2007 New Horizons Summit 38

2013 Smart for Two

2012 Easy Racer Tour Easy recumbent bicycle

"There is no path. Paths are made by walking." – Spanish poet Antonio Machado

Just got off tractor mowing "lower 40".  Picture out my front door.  82*F.  So get on down here Rick;)

tzgdnQVl.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Yep, Tennessee. We live about hour from Crossville so same weather. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl   My brother and his wife will be joining us on Wen the 26th. I'll pay the reg fee when we get in on thurs the 20th. Could I get name tags for them? Mike Lester and Mary Lester. Just got firm plans from them so I'm sorry about the short time notice. You can have one of my Makers Mark adult beverages. Looking forward to seeing everybody and enjoying that Crossville weather.   Pat

The Old Sailor

10 hours ago, JPL said:

Carl   My brother and his wife will be joining us on Wen the 26th. I'll pay the reg fee when we get in on thurs the 20th. Could I get name tags for them? Mike Lester and Mary Lester. Just got firm plans from them so I'm sorry about the short time notice. You can have one of my Makers Mark adult beverages. Looking forward to seeing everybody and enjoying that Crossville weather.   Pat

The Old Sailor

Will do Pat. I'll put them with your tags.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

9 hours ago, lockmup68 said:

It was 84 in Nashville today, so no worries on white stuff.

84*F , sounds to hot for me. LOL.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

A week away and still looks like we'll make it. Worse case is possibly arriving a day or two late.

Congrats on your win last night Rick. It's the only time I've cheered for the Oilers. Hoping for a battle of Alberta in the second round :)

Mike

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

1 minute ago, RickS said:

Thanks Mike...it was a great game. I had put away the snow shovel for the season but as you can see in the picture above had to bring it out again 

I'm living it too brother. Sitting in Chetwynd BC as we type. Flying out of GP tomorrow to head back south to momma in AZ and get ready to head east.

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

Hi everyone.  I am looking forward to the ECR very much.  We attended the National in Hutchinson.  That was a huge first for us, meeting many of you, and driving not flying that far west.  Thank you for your warm welcome and willing information.

I have been shopping (obsessing, DW would add) for what will probably be a Volvo 730.  I have seen a few but even the unconverted trucks are a bit more than the average 780.  RVH has many fine fine haulers but for me price is a pretty big factor.  As much for the difficulty financing such.

If you are attending this year's ECR, and your rig is for sale, would you mind posting some info or a link?  I hope the organizers don't mind.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sculptor said:

Hi everyone.  I am looking forward to the ECR very much.  We attended the National in Hutchinson.  That was a huge first for us, meeting many of you, and driving not flying that far west.  Thank you for your warm welcome and willing information.

I have been shopping (obsessing, DW would add) for what will probably be a Volvo 730.  I have seen a few but even the unconverted trucks are a bit more than the average 780.  RVH has many fine fine haulers but for me price is a pretty big factor.  As much for the difficulty financing such.

If you are attending this year's ECR, and your rig is for sale, would you mind posting some info or a link?  I hope the organizers don't mind.

No objection at all.  In fact I will have a message board at the rally where people can also post rigs for sale.  What I have always discouraged is people showing up at the rally just to sell a rig or product and not be part of the event itself as a participant.  If anyone at the rally wishes to have a "for sale" sign in the windshield of their truck or taped to their trailer that is acceptable also.  Like our politicians I reserve the right to do a 180* if things become too commercial.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

If anyone at the rally wishes to have a "for sale" sign in the windshield of their truck or taped to their trailer that is acceptable also.  Like our politicians I reserve the right to do a 180* if things become too commercial.

Thank you S.S. I haven't associated many names and handles yet.

So standing in the campground pavilion waving a stack of cash would not be too commercial.  I'm glad to hear that.

In my case it might be an IOU....   ;)

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

2 hours ago, Sculptor said:

So standing in the campground pavilion waving a stack of cash would not be too commercial.  I'm glad to hear that.

In my case it might be an IOU....   ;)

Oh, I don't know....I for one, would love to see that.....Heck, I might even sell you my new rig that is not even done yet....CASH talks.   :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

3 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

No objection at all.  In fact I will have a message board at the rally where people can also post rigs for sale.  What I have always discouraged is people showing up at the rally just to sell a rig or product and not be part of the event itself as a participant.  If anyone at the rally wishes to have a "for sale" sign in the windshield of their truck or taped to their trailer that is acceptable also.  Like our politicians I reserve the right to do a 180* if things become too commercial.

Maybe you can bribe Denver to Auction a truck or 2!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived