ECR Final Post

SuiteSuccess

1 hour ago, RickS said:

If this rally keeps growing the way it is the Deer Run park will have to increase in size. I am out of the mud finally now on to more repairs and getting ready. I'll have to find someone at the ECR with one of those unlimited data Mobley's so I can watch the Edmonton Oiler's hockey team playoff run for the first time in 10 years. :)  Called AT&T and they didn't want any of us Canadians to have one.

Fair warning--cell-based data service isn't too good here in the park.  My RV has the bad habit of acting like a tin foil hat, but I have to resort to strategic placement to stay connected.  Kim's WiFi is actually really good--for now.  Once the rally is under way, I'm sure it'll slow significantly.

Your best bet close by is probably the sports bar north on Peavine Rd towards Fairfield Glade.  I forget the name, but the parking lot was pretty full just a few minutes ago, so it must not be too awful.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Carl, you have really fathered a much appreciated, well organized and fun event.  I can't get there until Wednesday.  I will be running bobtail and shacking up by myself in the Volvo - no wife, dog or camper.  I'm really going to miss my dog.  Kim has me in a spot next to the bath house.  No Smart but I will have my Lithium battery powered golf cart.   Thanks again for keeping this event going and growing.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Thanks David! I have western arc sat dish so don't know if it will work out there.....I may be sitting in the office visiting Kim and watching hockey on my laptop! :)

If you're talking Dish Network, looking for 110, 119, and 129, they're all reachable, though 129 is a little low.  Biggest issue will be all the trees, depending on where you're parked.

I have to admit that the only newspaper in my rig has the Stanley Cup and some Oilers on it (but the Oilers weren't holding the cup).

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

7 hours ago, RickS said:

Thanks David! I have western arc sat dish so don't know if it will work out there.....I may be sitting in the office visiting Kim and watching hockey on my laptop! :)

Make sure to bring your big screen laptop Rick! 

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

Technically, Crossville is an EA city for Locals.  That is for the HD channels.  But there are SD Locals on the WA.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

My DW always likes it when I'm wandering around the RV park trying to find a spot for my portable dish when the rooftop one is blocked from the tree's. I have the center ice hockey package so I'll give it my best shot....or just put it up on the board for help!!  ;)   :D

14 hours ago, Nuke-E said:

Fair warning--cell-based data service isn't too good here in the park.  My RV has the bad habit of acting like a tin foil hat, but I have to resort to strategic placement to stay connected.  Kim's WiFi is actually really good--for now.  Once the rally is under way, I'm sure it'll slow significantly.

Your best bet close by is probably the sports bar north on Peavine Rd towards Fairfield Glade.  I forget the name, but the parking lot was pretty full just a few minutes ago, so it must not be too awful.

Which carrier is that? Is it just your RV blocking the signal or if you are outside do you get decent service? That may affect my decision as I was going to need to connect to work some if I came. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

22 minutes ago, BlueLghtning said:

Which carrier is that? Is it just your RV blocking the signal or if you are outside do you get decent service? That may affect my decision as I was going to need to connect to work some if I came. 

I've got a cellular amp you can use if you need it.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

35 minutes ago, RickS said:

Jack.....I'll be sitting outside your RV with my laptop watching hockey!! Just need the password.  :D

Do we need to cancel some seminars, lol?  Hate to have you standing up and yelling in the middle of one of the talks.?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Well, since they are west coast start times it may be a few late nights! I'll just have to use headphones outside Jack's RV as the games will be probably 9:30-10:00 est starts. All the testing that Jack has done with wi-fi and cell amps I have faith there will be a signal around his RV. :)  ;)

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Carl, Is there any way I can get you to call my boss and tell them I'm and indispensable part of the Rally... you might need an extra extension cord again!

Hi Jim,

I was wondering if you and Alie were coming to the rally. My question was need answered. I have a new question for you this year. What I need to do is start a new thread with the problem and a picture or too. The question deals with the fiber glass sides of the trailer.

Talk to you later,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Need to add this info.  Some of the batch "newsletters" we have sent out may be labeled "hdtadmin" as the sender and may have shuttled to your junk mail folders.  Please check there if you didn't receive the "Welcome to the ECR" and "Liability Waiver " emails.  I am reproducing them here.

Folks,

When we went to the electronic registration forms, we inadvertently left off the "release of liability waiver" for the organizers and volunteers of the East Coast HDT rally.  At the advice of several of my attorney friends, even though the rally is non-profit and organized by non-compensated volunteers, they recommended inclusion of this statement.  It has been included for the past several years.  The statement reads as follows:

"I/We agree that we shall not hold any organizer, volunteer, or presenter at the the East Coast HDT Rally responsible for any personal injury of any kind, without limiting it, whether injury is caused by a condition of the premises, another rally attendee, information presented, or any other person or event associated with the rally.  We further agree that the organizers of the rally cannot be held responsible for the acts of others.  I/We recognize that in signing this paper, we are waiving a legal right to recover damages under the aforementioned circumstances. "

Please note this waiver does not absolve Deer Run RV Resort of any of their obligations.  We will be asking folks to sign this upon check-in at the campground.  If you have any issues relating to this request, please contact me ASAP at ecrcarl@gmail.com so that we can resolve them.

Sorry that we must require this but seems to be a sign of the times.

Carl & Donna Wagner, David Dixon

Volunteer Organizers of East Coast Rally

Greetings Folks,

It's just about time for the 2017 East Coast HDT Rally!  With more than 60 rigs registered, it's set to be the biggest yet, and with upgrades to the campground, new speakers, and more food, hopefully the best yet as well.  The event schedule, and information on checking in, etc. are available here: http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Rally-Welcome.pdfPlease take a few moments to look it over before you arrive.

Those of you who are returning shouldn't be surprised that Deer Run RV Resort has seen a number of upgrades since last year, and there are dump trucks, graders, trenchers and more at work, adding some sites and upgrading others to accommodate our crowd.  Unlike last year, the weather has been a lot more cooperative, so everything should be ready in advance of most arrivals.  Just for an idea, check out the latest post on the ECR website: http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/2017/04/11/welcome-schedule/

Safe travels, and see you soon!

Carl & Donna Wagner

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

3 hours ago, BlueLghtning said:

It's Verizon--as long as I have the phone anywhere other than on my desk, it's plenty workable.  A quick speed test shows 6Mbit/s down, 3Mbit/s up--but that's far from what I'm used to in most places with them--keeping up with live HD video would be tough.

2 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Carl,

Just in case you didn't know, the first of the 4 pictures on this link http://eastcoasthdtrally.com/2017/04/11/welcome-schedule/ doesn't display correctly. You have about 10% of it shown. Pictures 2, 3 and 4 are fine.

That means I probably walked off with my phone in my pocket while it was still going...I'll get it fixed.

4 hours ago, Jack Mayer said:

I've got a cellular amp you can use if you need it.

Thanks Jack, that probably would have worked great, but I just found out they are coming to do my roof on Monday April 24th or that week (right during the ECR) and I need to get it replaced to sell my house. Bummer. 

I guess maybe Hutichson we'll finally be ready. :D

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

17 minutes ago, RickS said:

Well, hope we can get out of here!! :( 

Weather

Leave Sunday when it's sunny.  Come on in early. Several folks will already be there for the pre-rally, rally.  It was difficult for me to get out today also, only 80* F and sunny.  Guess I'll just have to suffer through this.?  Besides, I could use another strong back for unloading the tons of stuff for the rally, lol.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

1 minute ago, RickS said:

That kinda suffering I can take!! :)  

Heck, if it's that warm you might just spontaneously combust :P

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Archived