Escapee HOP events?

Kirk W

While I have been part of the RV club and these forums for a long time, I have never been on any of the HOP events and have only spoken to very few members who have. It would be nice to see a few reports on those events by members who have attended as they are something that Pam & I have discussed more than once. If you have been part of a HOP, would you share your thoughts with us?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have not been on an Escapee's HOP but I have been on other tours with groups. It makes the event more fun. Especially on something like a cruise, it is nice to have a built-in smaller group who share your interests.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

My wife and I have not only been on several HOPS but have hosted a few too. Being on a HOP means you don't have to worry about planning and reservations, that has all been taken care of, usually along with a few meals also. Travel or tour with a group is always fun, especially with fellow SKPs who have the RV lifestyle in common. And some events as a group you might get special behind the scenes or added bonus of some sort because you are in a group. Group might be large or small, each has different flavor.

Our favorite HOP was 2005, almost 400 SKPs did a cruise out of Galveston to the Panama Canal. Our table of 10 was the very best group, mix of old and new friends. Memories - Priceless!

David & Marilyn

Living Our Dream

Archived