WiFiRanger Core

Zulu

2 hours ago, Zulu said:

...can original WiFiRanger exterior antenna (below) be used?...

Screen-Shot-2016-08-29-at-11.13.26-AM.pn

The current User's Manual has a section on using the original Boost. I am running the current 7.0.6 firmware on a Go2 and it has a tab for configuration of the Boost that looks exactly like that in the users manual. I am using a Nanostation rather than a Bullet, but the configuration works fine. If the Bullet has the original Ubiquiti firmware, you can also connect it as an Ethernet connection, in which case you have to configure it as explained in this video.  Setup in this manner, to change AP's you have to login to the Bullet/Nanostation and use it's control panel. With the Bullet/Nanostation setup this way you can also plug it into the Ethernet port of a computer. WFR may have moved away from the Bullet, but they are still manufactured by Ubiquiti as is the Nanostation I use. I have upgraded the Ubuquiti firmware with no problems.

In a previous thread, WFR sales staff, indicated that the Boost would be eliminated in future firmware upgrades. Unless they also eliminate the Ethernet Wan capability, a Boost could still be used as a CPE as described in the previous paragraph.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

5 hours ago, Zulu said:

I know the WiFiRanger Core is intended to be paired with a SkyPro or EliteAC, but can the Core router be used all by itself?

Also, can original WiFiRanger exterior antenna (below) be used?

There is no requirement that the Core or the GoAC be purchased with a rooftop unit.  Both will work perfectly well by themselves.

As for using an original WFRBoost (a Ubiquiti Bullet), the necessary option exists to do this in the Setup tab of the WFR firmware.  If the Bullet is updated to the most recent Ubiquiti firmware it ought to work, but WFR does not provide customer support for such a configuration.  

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Thanks guys. After burning through most of my Verizon data for the month, I thought I'd give the park's WiFi another try as I only rarely get signal.

So I dug out my WiFiRanger that I hadn't used it since 2012 -- still on firmware version 4.4.1. Hooked it up, updated the firmware, and everything's copacetic now.

I'll install the Bullet this afternoon.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Archived