Why No Porti-Potty/Cassette Toilets

Jim, remember that this forum is full of Escapees, and a huge portion are fulltimers.  We do not camp, we RV.  My idea of roughing it is not having crystal for our wine, just ordinary glasses from wineries we stopped out, or having to use acrylic ones by the pool.B)

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

4 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Jim, remember that this forum is full of Escapees, and a huge portion are fulltimers.  We do not camp, we RV.  My idea of roughing it is not having crystal for our wine, just ordinary glasses from wineries we stopped out, or having to use acrylic ones by the pool.B)

Oh , you poor soul . ;) LOL

Goes around , comes around .

13 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

I also lived a couple of years as a full timer.  My RV had a cassette toilet.

Full time RV lifestyles vary greatly.  Some live as if they were in a mobile home instead of an RV.  Others like myself travel to see new places and experience new things.  Different RVs fit different lifestyles. 

4 hours ago, JimK said:

I also lived a couple of years as a full timer.  My RV had a cassette toilet.

Full time RV lifestyles vary greatly.  Some live as if they were in a mobile home instead of an RV.  Others like myself travel to see new places and experience new things.  Different RVs fit different lifestyles. 

And a lot of us have RVs that are comfortable enough to be a 'real' home and still manage to spend at least one night in 46 of the lower 48 and several of the Canadian provinces, seeing new places and experiencing new things.    

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

As I said it is all about lifestyles.  My RV fits my needs for comfort and convenience for both short and long term living.  I love my Queen sized multilayered foam mattress.  The 3 burner stove, refrigerator, hot water, toilet, shower, heat and AC all meet my needs. 

I do very well not towing around a "real" home.  I can manage with a wet bath, stopping at the Laundromat once every few weeks and some other minor inconveniences in order to avoid the need for hook ups, staying in RV parks, and not being able to travel and stay in the back country.  I can understand your priorities.  In fact most people enjoy the comforts of a real home so much that they do not travel in an RV or stay anywhere but the nicest hotels and resorts.

Archived