Big news from the Wyoming Game Dept.

Kirk W

9 minutes ago, Orvil Hazelton said:

As  an invasive species,  has how these kangaroos will effect  the native residents of the environment been considered? 

Probably not, but the effects of the date on the calendar has been duly noted... :D

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

10 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

They should fit-in very well with the Jackalopes.

As a former WY resident, I have contacted the local Sierra Club chapter about taking up the cause of improving jackalope habitat before introducing any new species! I believe that it is shameful to spend resources on kangaroos when most people have only seen jackalope when mounted and hanging on someone's wall. 

10 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Probably not, but the effects of the date on the calendar has been duly noted... :D

The chosen date may have been in an effort to wait for snow to be melted off?   :rolleyes:

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

10 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

As a former WY resident, I have contacted the local Sierra Club chapter about taking up the cause of improving jackalope habitat before introducing any new species! I believe that it is shameful to spend resources on kangaroos when most people have only seen jackalope when mounted and hanging on someone's wall. 

The chosen date may have been in an effort to wait for snow to be melted off?   :rolleyes:

:D

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

On 4/2/2017 at 7:07 AM, Kirk Wood said:

When I was working we were asked by Wildlife Biologists to provide habitat for Grizzly Bears....which did not exist in our area.

But WHAT I really want to know.....can you define Jackalope habitat and the management techniques necessary to maintain the species....should they appear??

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

10 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

When I was working we were asked by Wildlife Biologists to provide habitat for Grizzly Bears....which did not exist in our area.

But WHAT I really want to know.....can you define Jackalope habitat and the management techniques necessary to maintain the species....should they appear??

Most Jackalope like to live in a cool dark environment.  They are better adapted to the roving lifestyle of a trucker type vehicle and do NOT like to be crossed with other types of critters.  Matter of fact, the Jackalope hates all types of other small animals that like to chew.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

giant-jackalope-exxon.jpg

Here is hard evidence that the jackalope does exist, though pretty rare. Genuine ones are a cross between a pronghorn antelope and a jack rabbit, but there are some occasions when one is seen that is crossed with deer, but those are not true jackalope, but should probably be called deeralope, and those are far more common.

Jackalopepc-250.jpg

The true jackalope has been found to be most often seen late at night and well out onto the prairie and usually after consuming generous portions of alcoholic beverages.  

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, 2gypsies said:

Think of one hanging on your wall. :o  This is a very poor idea in my opinion.

It was April 1. Get it? I know it took me a minute...:rolleyes:

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

Are Jackalopes real?
Jackalope. ... The jackalope is a mythical animal of North American folklore (a fearsome critter) described as a jackrabbit with antelope horns. The word "jackalope" is a portmanteau of "jackrabbit" and "antelope", although the jackrabbit is not a rabbit, and the pronghorn is not an antelope.

1 hour ago, bruce t said:

It's embarrassing enough that I fell for it but every time someone does a new post I blush again.

Whatever do you mean, it is a hoax? I have hard evidence that they really do exist!

38b6645afd7d19a603289b9a9871efe2.jpg

Archived