My Account Streams

I have gone through each forum and checked the ones I want to follow and then created my account streams and saved.  Now when I select my account streams I'm still getting all the unread content from all the forums.  When I go back and re-check each forum, the ones I wanted show 'following'  on the top right corner. The forums I don't want to see don't show 'following'.  Therefore, they are selected correctly. So.... why am I still seeing posts from all the forums instead of just the ones I'm 'following'?  Ugh!!!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

You have to go under the Browser tab up at the top left, get the list of all of the forums, then click on each one, and when it comes up click on "Follow".  Once you have done that, then you should be able to set up you Stream and everything will be okay. 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

26 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

I have gone through each forum and checked the ones I want to follow and then created my account streams and saved.  Now when I select my account streams I'm still getting all the unread content from all the forums.  When I go back and re-check each forum, the ones I wanted show 'following'  on the top right corner. The forums I don't want to see don't show 'following'.  Therefore, they are selected correctly. So.... why am I still seeing posts from all the forums instead of just the ones I'm 'following'?  Ugh!!!

Take a look at your stream definition bar:

streamdef.png.de48d3e0df52b7f5417e98ae2c0f3bd1.png

Does the Following section specify Areas?  If not you will need to create a new stream with that option selected.

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

Thanks for the fast response guys!

Barb - yes, that's how I set it up but still got every forum even though they're not checked 'following'.

Dave - regarding the definition bar: I didn't have 'Area' checked under 'following'. I had 'items'.  So now I checked 'area' but it won't stay. I even went in and out of the forum and it comes back to 'items'. 

While I'm at it... another issue... yesterday when I did all of this I had checked  under 'Sorting' as 'newest first'. That's what it is now showing. However, that hasn't been happening at all. The newest is at the bottom, not the top.

I'm calling it quits for the night. :(

Full-timed for 16 Years

I was not able to change an existing custom activity stream definition.  I had to create a new one.  When you click on Follow during configuration, look for the little gear wheel to the right.  Click on that to get the various Follow options, select Area.

I have found Sort to be unreliable.  I now ignore it.

Line 3

Thank you both for trying to help myself and others on issues.  It's just not working for me and I'm wasting too much time trying to get this set up.  I just now clicked on 'CONTACT US' at the very bottom of the screen for 'Community Softward by Invision Power Services, Inc' and suggested that they send Instructions to this Escapee Forum.  It'll be interesting if I get a reply and if it's done.

Dave, as you suggested, I did delete my 'Activity Stream' and created a new one.  In 'Browse' mode I started to go down each forum again to choose 'Follow'. However, everything I had marked to 'Follow' is still marked as such so I can't do a new configuration and I don't get a 'gear wheel' on the right to get Follow options.  Even if I 'Unfollow' , the options don't appear when I 'Follow' again like I was able to do the option the first time yesterday.  If I manually enter 'Area' on the 'Stream Bar' it doesn't stay there and I can't see any 'Save' option. 

I don't expect you to spend any more time on this for me. I just wanted to let you know that all of your suggestions are not working for me.  I give up.  Thanks.  Perhaps I'll try at a later date but right now I feel like a kindergartener. :) 

Full-timed for 16 Years

40 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Thank you both for trying to help myself and others on issues.  It's just not working for me and I'm wasting too much time trying to get this set up.  I just now clicked on 'CONTACT US' at the very bottom of the screen for 'Community Softward by Invision Power Services, Inc' and suggested that they send Instructions to this Escapee Forum.  It'll be interesting if I get a reply and if it's done.

Dave, as you suggested, I did delete my 'Activity Stream' and created a new one.  In 'Browse' mode I started to go down each forum again to choose 'Follow'. However, everything I had marked to 'Follow' is still marked as such so I can't do a new configuration and I don't get a 'gear wheel' on the right to get Follow options.  Even if I 'Unfollow' , the options don't appear when I 'Follow' again like I was able to do the option the first time yesterday.  If I manually enter 'Area' on the 'Stream Bar' it doesn't stay there and I can't see any 'Save' option. 

I don't expect you to spend any more time on this for me. I just wanted to let you know that all of your suggestions are not working for me.  I give up.  Thanks.  Perhaps I'll try at a later date but right now I feel like a kindergartener. :) 

I might not have been clear enough in my explanation.  Here is a picture:

58c5db2f7f5e6_ScreenShot2017-03-12at6_33_17PM.png.b768b7b8c16160653121974a5be98a82.png

This is in the screen where you define your custom activity stream.

The little gear icon is not obvious.  The default is items (postings) but you need to select areas (forums).

Line 3

Archived