AM I The Only One that Sees This?

4 hours ago, Mntom said:

Someone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of this damn pop-up about receiving notifications? I am running Firefox 51.0.1 with an ad blocker and a pop-up blocker. This is the notice I get on every page I open up.

PITA.png

That looks like a Firefox dialog.  What are the options in the drop down in the lower right corner?  Ideally there will be an option for Never or Deny.  You may also want to look at your Firefox settings.  There are many web sties that ask for notification permission.

I got the same message on Safari the first time after the upgrade.  I specified deny.

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

12 hours ago, Mntom said:

The 'problem' was a Firefox problem. I did some research and went into the config file and changed one setting. You can also right click on a blank area of a page and go to View Page Info then click on the Permissions tab to change settings.

For us dummies--what do you click on in the permissions tab? And in the FF config file?

Thanks

DICK

2010 Phaeton QTH
2013 GMC Sierra 4X4
Vietnam Vet--1st Cav '65, Recon,2/7
Ia Drang Valley survivor
Elks<br http://www.4ezdaz.com
Same site--new URL

13 hours ago, acker1 said:

For us dummies--what do you click on in the permissions tab? And in the FF config file?

Thanks

DICK

Dick, I changed the "Open Pop-up Windows" to block instead of use the default setting. For FF config, where the URL is type about:config. There will be a message about "voiding your warranty", but don't worry about that, just click on the button "I accept the risk". Then in the search bar put dom.push.enabled. Toggle that setting to false and close the window. That's all there is to it!

VisitedStatesMap.gif

" For FF config, where the URL is type about:config. There will be a message about "voiding your warranty", but don't worry about that, just click on the button "I accept the risk". Then in the search bar put dom.push.enabled. Toggle that setting to false and close the window. That's all there is to it "

Didn't work!

DICK

2010 Phaeton QTH
2013 GMC Sierra 4X4
Vietnam Vet--1st Cav '65, Recon,2/7
Ia Drang Valley survivor
Elks<br http://www.4ezdaz.com
Same site--new URL

9 hours ago, acker1 said:

Didn't work!

DICK

What didn't work? Have you gone back into the config file and double checked the setting is still set to false? Have you tried the right click on a blank part of the page to set the "receive notifications" to block? I also set the "allow pop ups" to block.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

3 hours ago, kb0zke said:

Would one of you computer gurus please post a step-by-step to get rid of that popup? I'm on a Mac using Firefox 52.0.1.

When you get the popup:

58cf5c1608d45_ScreenShot2017-03-19at11_32_04PM.png.6e8eb9d62d9800441672914ea7b5df66.png

Click on the down arrow on the lower right corner and select Always Block Notifications.  That should take care of the issue.  If you select Not Now, that just says check again later.

You can verify the setting by going to Firefox >> Preferences >> Content  and select the Choose... button next to Notifications.

58cf5e598b06d_ScreenShot2017-03-19at11_43_07PM.png.1ff9ed8daa01a6da4856a31751eadcfe.png

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

The "Always Block Notifications" choice isn't there on the original box. The "Not Now" is the only choice. I tried going to the Notification Permissions in Firefox to see if I could add the site that way, but I can't do that, either.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Finally figured it out. Control click brought up the "View page" box, and that includes a notification tab, which allowed me to opt out of all push notifications (which is what this obnoxious thing is).

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Archived