"Associating failed" error

Pulled into a KOA campsite that has open WiFi. When I tried to connect my SkyPro to the internet it connected and then I got the error message "Association failed". When I tried to connect directly form my computer I get the message "The WiFi connection cannot be joined". Anyone can tell me what this is, and what to do about it?

Thanks,

== John

ON EDIT: Tried several times again and finally got connected on one of the SSID channels that failed me earlier. So I got it working, but still curious what this error was....

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

It is not that unusual for my Go and Go2 to go through Associating 1 through 30 then time out and give the "Association Failed" message. When this happens, I have usually been able to connect the laptop directly. When the laptop or cellphone will not connect it is usually a problem with the Wifi source. In some cases when this occurs, when the WFR finally gets past the association step, I get a "modem stalled, no data" message in the Central Internet Block of the WFR control panel. I have never found a fix other than repeated connection attempts. If the campground has more than one AP, sometimes a connection can be obtained by trying a different AP even if it is a weaker signal.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

Archived