Lab work in Canada?

So I'm on warfarin, and my cardiologist has me go in and have blood drawn once a month for testing. No problem moving around here in the states, but I'm planning a trip to Atlantic Canada that may go several months. I'm wondering if a lab up there will accept a test order from an American doctor? Anyone here dealt with that? Thanks.

Regards

John

DON'T FEED THE VULTURES!

My Body is a Temple!  Ancient, Crumbling, Probably Cursed . . .

I Don't Like to Make Advanced Plans.  They Cause the Word "PREMEDITATED" to Get Thrown Around in Court!

MyMapS.jpg

A better way would be check with your insurance company, or medicare to ask who to go to for the lab work. They will have a list of labs that they can work with. Several years ago, I had some blood work done in Idaho, and it took maybe 9 months to get the bill paid. Any lab can do the test, but the money trail is where the problems are.

Actually, I'm not worried about the insurance. The question was, will a Canadian lab accept an American prescription for lab work. I contacted a Canadian lab chain and got the following response:

Good morning Mr. Perz, We do not accept foreign prescription. In order to have the test done here,you have to have a prescription signed by a physician in Canada.

Regards

John

DON'T FEED THE VULTURES!

My Body is a Temple!  Ancient, Crumbling, Probably Cursed . . .

I Don't Like to Make Advanced Plans.  They Cause the Word "PREMEDITATED" to Get Thrown Around in Court!

MyMapS.jpg

Archived