Jump to content
Lee and Christine

4113 Jayco seismic

Recommended Posts

Still looking at campers.

 

Here's where were at. Best of the worst for the floor plan that seems to suit us in what we've seen is the Jaco Siesmic 4113.

 

It's only a 3 season camper but we want to be snow birds anyway. Any body have experience with thes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2017 at 1:21 AM, Lee and Christine said:

Still looking at campers.

 

Here's where were at. Best of the worst for the floor plan that seems to suit us in what we've seen is the Jaco Siesmic 4113.

 

It's only a 3 season camper but we want to be snow birds anyway. Any body have experience with thes?

Just saw one of these today... did you get it?  I'm a little confused on the split tanks.  The black tanks dump separately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chad said:

I'm a little confused on the split tanks.  The black tanks dump separately?

The person who started the thread has not been back since shortly after the post was made so they aren't likely to respond. With very few exceptions, modern RVs always have at least two tanks, one for black and one for gray water and each has its own dump valve, so dump separately. Most of us dump the black first then the gray to flush the remainder of the black stuff. With fifth wheel trailers it is not unusual for them to come with two separate gray water tanks because of the distance between sinks it makes for a more practical build and in such case, you would have 1 black tank dump valve and 2 dump valves for the two gray tanks. In this case, they have 2 bathrooms a long distance apart and so there are 2 black and 2 gray water tanks. It looks like they also have 2 fresh water tanks so most likely it also has 2 fresh water pumps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

The person who started the thread has not been back since shortly after the post was made so they aren't likely to respond. With very few exceptions, modern RVs always have at least two tanks, one for black and one for gray water and each has its own dump valve, so dump separately. Most of us dump the black first then the gray to flush the remainder of the black stuff. With fifth wheel trailers it is not unusual for them to come with two separate gray water tanks because of the distance between sinks it makes for a more practical build and in such case, you would have 1 black tank dump valve and 2 dump valves for the two gray tanks. In this case, they have 2 bathrooms a long distance apart and so there are 2 black and 2 gray water tanks. It looks like they also have 2 fresh water tanks so most likely it also has 2 fresh water pumps.

2 black and 2 grey tanks make sense then I guess (considering the 1.5 bath).. just haven't seen it specified on some rigs spec sheets.  Now I wonder if they're just combining the capacities into one number (e.g. the Grand Design Momentum 399TH shows 104 gal black and 104 grey).  That number did seem large.

So, with 2 grey and 2 black tanks, is that a huge PITA? 2x dumps every time?

The unit I looked at today also had the "Sanicon Turbo Sewer Macerator Dump System".  So.... are there two of them?  Are there two tank flush systems?  Clearly I need to do some more research in the poop management department on these 1.5 bath fivers. :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chad said:

So, with 2 grey and 2 black tanks, is that a huge PITA? 2x dumps every time?

In most cases, but not all, there is one connection to the sewer line and a valve for each tank. How big a deal it depends on the person. I have never considered dumping tanks to be that much problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 7:18 PM, Kirk Wood said:

In most cases, but not all, there is one connection to the sewer line and a valve for each tank. How big a deal it depends on the person. I have never considered dumping tanks to be that much problem. 

Thanks, Kirk.  Something I'll be looking gout for now.  I don't think it's a big deal either as long as they have a combined dump.  Just don't want people waiting for me and have to do it twice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 3:45 PM, Chad said:

2 black and 2 grey tanks make sense then I guess (considering the 1.5 bath).. just haven't seen it specified on some rigs spec sheets.  Now I wonder if they're just combining the capacities into one number (e.g. the Grand Design Momentum 399TH shows 104 gal black and 104 grey).  That number did seem large.

So, with 2 grey and 2 black tanks, is that a huge PITA? 2x dumps every time?

The unit I looked at today also had the "Sanicon Turbo Sewer Macerator Dump System".  So.... are there two of them?  Are there two tank flush systems?  Clearly I need to do some more research in the poop management department on these 1.5 bath fivers. :)  

I've been investigating Grand Design Momentums. That 104 gal of grey is actually TWO separate 52 gal grey tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know what I own is different, but my MH has a bath and a half but the front half bath toilet/sink and the kitchen

sink all dump into one black tank and then the full bath in the rear has a black tank and a grey tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My slummin it 1 bath Roughneck trailer has a seperate light gray tank for the shower only.  Sinks have their own gringy gray. Toilet = black. 

Shower does not fill the sink tank up, shower water can be disposed of in various ways if necessary, sink tank lasts many days....

But wait - the tanks are wye'd together and 2 valved  at the discharge, so you can "equalize" shower into gray or black if needed 

What a concept. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

Rvonthego.com

Rv Share

Dish For My RV Military Offer.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.



×