RV explosion in Yuma!

Kirk W

Sadly, as we get older we become more likely to make mistakes and have more difficulty surviving the result. Living in a senior community, I have seen several reminders of that issue recently. How very sad.......... :(

I wouldn't be quick to blame this on the owner's mistake or age - just like the first thought was a meth lab.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

The latest word is that the wife is out of the hospital and their two sons are on scene dealing with the aftermath, insurance, etc. No further word on the gentleman's condition.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

A post on Face Book says the gentleman passed away. :-(

Sad. :(

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

• 2 months later...

To all of you brilliant investigators,

I am the son of the Man who was killed in this explosion. He was not cooking meth and there were no oxygen tanks in the RV. The cause as ruled by the Metro County fire department was a faulty regulator that allowed all of the gas to release into the rv in a matter of minutes causing a flash explosion. If you don't know what that is, look it up before commenting or speculating on the cause of the accident. He was the minister at the camp ground and last I checked Liable is still something you can be sued for. Check your facts. 

1 hour ago, Concerned said:

To all of you brilliant investigators,

I am the son of the Man who was killed in this explosion. He was not cooking meth and there were no oxygen tanks in the RV. The cause as ruled by the Metro County fire department was a faulty regulator that allowed all of the gas to release into the rv in a matter of minutes causing a flash explosion. If you don't know what that is, look it up before commenting or speculating on the cause of the accident. He was the minister at the camp ground and last I checked Liable is still something you can be sued for. Check your facts. 

My condolences to you, your mother, and other family members. I'm sorry some members on here were so quick to speculate. Sometimes we have too much time on our hands and we use it poorly. I'm sure no one here meant to add to your pain. Please, accept my apology on behalf of this usually caring group.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived