KofA Co-op Park, Yuma

Chris-n-Dennis

After a disastrous stay at a park outside of San Diego we pulled in to this SKP Coop park on the outskirts of Yuma. Originally we thought we would be in the dry camp area for a few days until a lot opened up but the absolutely friendly lady and gentleman behind the counter went the extra mile and were able to find us a place to park with hookups.

What can I say? We received what has come to be typical warm welcome by everyone we encountered and the welcome couple (ack, forgot their names! I do remember Mossyrock though!) got us the local info we needed to begin poking around. The park is emaculate and most importantly to us - tranquil. Kofa marks the 3rd Escapee park we've been fortunate to visit and has met every expectation.

And no, I'm not just sucking up so we can stay longer (unless it helps of course).

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Good to hear! We've stayed in several Escapee parks and have enjoyed every one of them! Very impressed! Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Maybe we should give The Co-ops a second chance. We Full Tme and have been pretty incensed that most of them don't seem to take reservations. We would have spent winters in a couple, but I cannot imagine driving across the country to try one without a spot reserved. Apparently that strategy is okay with some, but not us. We want to know we have a place for the night and never pull in somewhere without a reservation, though it may have been made on the road that morning.

Alan & Kathleen

2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH

2014 F350 DRW 6.7L Diesel

2012 Goldwing Navi/ABS

Although having no reservations doesn't bother us, what is common practice in the Escapee parks is if there are no full hookup sites available when you come in, they will put you into boondock which is very doable, by the way, and will get you a site when someone leaves, which is usually the next day or 3-4 days, which is rare. Folks leave daily so you'll get a spot. Some parks do have a reservation system now - all of the Rainbow parks have reservations and the Wauchula, Florida one does as does the Chimacum, Washington one. For the others we got right in or else just a short wait in boondocking.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

. We want to know we have a place for the night and never pull in somewhere without a reservation, though it may have been made on the road that morning.

We rarely have advance reservations but we do usually call ahead once we get close enough to know where we will choose to stop. We prefer to be able to be able to stop when we happen to feel like it, without any set distance to travel so very seldom do we make any reservations but we do call the park we intend to go to an hour or two before arrival. Even the co-op parks can & will tell you if they have ample spaces or if there are none available even though they don't reserve a spot.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Maybe we should give The Co-ops a second chance. We Full Tme and have been pretty incensed that most of them don't seem to take reservations. We would have spent winters in a couple, but I cannot imagine driving across the country to try one without a spot reserved. Apparently that strategy is okay with some, but not us. We want to know we have a place for the night and never pull in somewhere without a reservation, though it may have been made on the road that morning.

Don't let the no reservation policy deter you. Just know up front there may not be a FHU spot available but there probably will be a dry camp spot. Calling the day of arrival will give you an idea and if there is no room, you also happen to have local, expert advise on an alternative. Example: We were first looking at a different park but when told they could not accommodate our size I simply asked for what they recommended and voila! Kofa. No regrets.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Archived