roadhobos

RV LOTS IN NORTH RANCH

Thank you for the information.

I think North Ranch would make a good home base for me.

Edited by krs2fer

Not sure if you're looking for a home, or a vacant lot, or a small lot with a park model, but to clarify -- the large lots allow you to keep your RV (or yours & a friend's, or pretty much any configuration) right there on your lot. The small lots are the ones that have restrictions, & even a few of them have their park model plus an occasional RV.

There seem to be quite a few small vacant lots, as well as small lots with park models (many with very nice Arizona room additions) on the market at quite reasonable prices right now.

Renee

Edited by Dave & Renee

Is there anywhere to see a list of the "for sale by owner" properties at North Ranch?

Are they at least posted on a bulletin board in the clubhouse?  If that is the only place, I'm hoping to con, er, ask someone to take a photo of the board's listings and email or text it to me.  We stayed there a couple of winters ago and are very interested.  We should have bought a particular place there that was for sale at the time, but we didn't.  You know how that goes....

Thanks for any leads towards the FSBO listings.

-Don

Some FSBOs are posted on Zillow.com, some are on the club house bulletin board, and some have a sign on the lot.  

Are you looking for a large lot or a small lot?  Are you looking for a "bare lot" or a lot with a house?  If a house are you looking for a park model, mobile home, modular home, or site built home?

I walk around NR a lot for exercise and can send you information if you narrow down what you are interested in.

----ron

15 minutes ago, Ron said:

Some FSBOs are posted on Zillow.com, some are on the club house bulletin board, and some have a sign on the lot.  

Are you looking for a large lot or a small lot?  Are you looking for a "bare lot" or a lot with a house?  If a house are you looking for a park model, mobile home, modular home, or site built home?

I walk around NR a lot for exercise and can send you information if you narrow down what you are interested in.

----ron

Ron,

We are looking for a large lot.  The ideal one would be vacant but RV ready, with landscaping and a shed or casita.  BUT, we would also consider one with a dwelling, of any type.  I have seen the ones on Zillow.  But if there are any that are only advertised in the park, I would love to hear about them.  My email is squandering.aimlessly@gmail.com.

Thanks for anything you can pass along.

-Don

There are very few large lots left that aren't already built on, and there is only one (out of the 5 for sale that I've seen on my walks) that has any semblance of landscaping. That lot sold last year, & the buyers put in a single garage & a wooden shed-type that may be set up as a casita. There is also a concrete pad for the RV, and I believe they have graveled the lot.  The other lots for sale are just dirt and I think only one has just a small shed.  You've seen the vacant lots & their prices on Zillow; the landscaped one I mention above was purchased for more than half again that amount last year -- & that was before the improvements. 

That particular lot is FSBO & it doesn't seem to be listed online that I can find.  It's on the corner of Obsidian Dr & Vagabond Trail.

A much larger percentage of the small lots are landscaped and they all have sheds -- IF you don't necessarily need the larger lot size.

Renee

Edited by strawdog

I stayed there a few years ago. Even the two old men in the office were the most unfriendliest people I met when I was trying to get a spot for a couple of days. Needless to say I won't ever be going back to the North Ranch, ever.

Sorry Cap Happy ain't happy but my experience there was postive.  Anywhere you can have a negative experience.  I have had minor issues at several SKP parks, emphasing the word minor over a period of 21 years.  I did not let it cloud the entire experience.

On 7/4/2018 at 10:17 AM, Captain Happy said:

I won't ever be going back to the North Ranch,

This thread is not about North Ranch which is at Congress, AZ while the thread is about The Ranch, located at Lakewood, NM.

3 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

This thread is not about North Ranch which is at Congress, AZ while the thread is about The Ranch, located at Lakewood, NM.

Kirk, this whole thread is about the North Ranch at Congress...NOT the original Ranch at Lakewood in New Mexico.

7 hours ago, BigTexRex said:

thread is about the North Ranch at Congress..

I was aware that "The Ranch" has no wait list but rereading it you are right. I guess that is what happens when I start reading in the middle of a thread.   🤔     It seems that I was reading one thread, then somehow changed to the other ranch and didn't even notice....   OOPS!  There are two other threads at the moment about the NM ranch and I seem to have jumped between them???

I wonder how the Escapee system happened to have two "ranches?" I have always thought it confusing and after reading Kay Peterson's Escapee History, I know that the one in NM came first.

Edited by Kirk Wood

14 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

I wonder how the Escapee system happened to have two "ranches?" I have always thought it confusing and after reading Kay Peterson's Escapee History, I know that the one in NM came first.

It's a fun history to read how The Original Ranch was built. The "first peoples" were a tough determined group.

Kirk: I know where the Ranch is and the North Ranch too. I've been to both of them. Like I stated, I won't ever be going back to the North Ranch, ever.