Verizon Killing 2 year contracts

So I assume my upgrade elgibility just flew out the window and I have to pay full price for a new phone ?

I think that has been how they all have been over the past year or so, but yeah no more subsidized phones for joining a contract. They now offer payment plans or leasing options, but in the end, you still end up paying $600-$700 for a flagship phone. I refuse to pay anything near what they want for the latest and greatest phones so I look for something that will work decently. My wife, My mom, and I just all bought new phones on Amazon over the holidays. We all bought the Moto G4's from Amazon that are unlocked for any carrier. They actually have 3 versions. The Moto G4 Play, Moto G4, & the Moto G4 plus. The Moto G4 seemed like the best value so we all went with that. The play comes in the cheapest at $99 for the 16gb model (has expandable memory). The 16gb Moto G4 comes in at $149 or $179 for the 32gb. You pay a little more if you don't want the ads or go online to figure out how to get rid of them. - https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01EZC9WC0/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1483983418&sr=1-1&keywords=moto%2Bg4&th=1

We are pretty happy with them and really enjoying. We all bought our phones for less than $200 each.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

Also check this site for some usually pretty good deals. Your choice on new vs used.

https://swappa.com

We usually wait until a few months have gone by from a new release, then buy the previous generation top phone new. Has worked well for us price, and performance wise. (I'm on the Samsung S6. And the DW is still on a iPhone 5S (We had just had to replace her Morphi Battery pack when the 7 came out, so she said she'd hold off awhile... But usually she is one generation behind the latest and greatest.)

Good luck when you research your phone upgrade:)!

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

So I assume my upgrade elgibility just flew out the window and I have to pay full price for a new phone ?

A few people on HoFo have reported going to My Verizon and still being able to buy a subsidized device on two year contract. But, that may not last long and may not be the case for you. Best Buy definitely no longer offers the two year contract price.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

We have been using Verizon for years. We have always been under one kind of contract or another. We are long timers not full timers. We are on the road at least 9 months of every year and we are all over the country. We have the service/plan that meets our needs not necessary the cheapest.

We are now on the Verizon More Everything UNL Talk and Text 40 Gig Data. We have 2 Verizon Edge and one Verizon Hot spot. This is our only source of connection to the internet.

Our monthly bill is 245.10 not cheap but dependable most everywhere can not remember the last time we did not have service somewhere in the country.

we average 30/35 Gig a month.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Our original 2 year contract ran out last spring. I waited until fall to upgrade my phone and actually added an additional phone to my account. No contract (they don't do them anymore), free phone(s) and total monthly cost is virtually the same as before, when we only had one phone.

Don

Verizon got rid of contracts long time ago. but as i just got a new phone from them i have a contract. but it's actually for the phone itself.

No. They just ended their two year contracts on 1/05/17 last week.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Archived