2017 West Coast Rally - Caldwell Idaho

MrSeas

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim did the slide motor arrive and are you rolling again???

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

For those that asked about pictures, I have a few but have not had time to download them yet.  Once I do I will post a link.  We didn't have a photobug present at this years rally like we have the last couple of years so there aren't as many pictures.  Everyone must have been having too much fun interacting with each other to remember to pull their camera out and take a snap shot (at least that's my excuse). ;)

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We just got home this afternoon and wanted to pass on a thanks to Scott and Chad for organizing another great WCR. It was nice to meet so many new people and get re acquainted with previous WCR attendees.  I have a few photo's from the WCR to post here.
20170618_172844.jpg

20170618_172907.jpg

20170618_172852.jpg

20170617_103851.jpg

20170617_103534.jpg

20170617_112733.jpg

20170615_214309.jpg

20170618_203949.jpg

20170618_154124.jpg

20170616_150104.jpg

20170616_145848.jpg

20170616_142801.jpg

20170616_142218.jpg

20170616_114545.jpg

Hi Rick,

Thank You for sharing your pictures. That looks like a nice camp ground. How old do you think it is ?

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

37 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Rick,

Thank You for sharing your pictures. That looks like a nice camp ground. How old do you think it is ?

Al

X2.  Looks like a great time.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

7 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Rick,

Al

Al,
Not sure of the age of the park but seems to have all modern amenities. Nice park that fits all our rigs.....most sites 85ft. 

I finally got around to uploading my photos from the rally.  It has been a very busy week since I got home.  Here is a link to the photos I took.  I wish I had taken more, but I am not much of a photographer.

Also, here is a link to the presentations I gave at the rally (as promised).  Sorry it took me so long to get this stuff up.

Including several 12 to 14 hour days at work, I also had the fun experience of having someone decide to make a U-turn from a parked position along the curb right in front of me while I was on my work motorcycle (about a block away from the station).  I almost got stopped in time to avoid the collision, but didn't quite make it.  Luckily I had slowed down enough that when I did make contact, it was relatively minor (although I did go down and I'm not sure if the bike will be repairable).  There wasn't much I could do with a car perpendicular to me in my lane.  Luckily neither I nor the occupants of the vehicle were injured, but that U-turn sure got my attention in a hurry.  :o

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

Glad everyone was unhurt!

Thanks for sharing your presentations they are awesome!  Wish we could have been there. Maybe next year, we travel to Ryan Park Wyoming yearly......will have to schedule it around Rally next year.

Bob

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

Glad you were not hurt Chad. Did they manage to talk you out of ticket. You should have given them a second one just for being stupid?

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Thanks for the well wishes.  It could have been a lot worse, but it all worked out.  The driver was a lady with her three young daughters in the car.  She was really upset over what she had done and was thankful I wasn't hurt.  To top it off, she is currently staying at the local YWCA safe house with her children because she is trying to get away from an abusive husband.  With all that, I didn't have the heart to giver her a ticket.  Plus, I may get a brand new motorcycle out of it.  Always look on the bright side. ;)

event.png    

12 hours ago, Radar274 said:

Glad everyone was unhurt!

Thanks for sharing your presentations they are awesome!  Wish we could have been there. Maybe next year, we travel to Ryan Park Wyoming yearly......will have to schedule it around Rally next year.

Bob

Thanks for the compliment.  The presentations went pretty well, including Ronbo's discussion of his lithium battery bank.  I am jealous.  It would be the icing on the cake to my system.

We'd be happy to have you next year.  I hope you can work it in to come out.

event.png    

You all are continuing to keep my appetite up for next years WCR.  I couldnt make it this year.  Had to go back to work full time and having my wife helping me.  It is hard to find young men that have the work ethic necessary to be reliable enough to count on them.  My wife doesnt have all the skills needed, but she shows up on time, tries her best and never leaves a dirty job site.  OH, ya, and she makes lunch for us every day.  Couldnt do it without her. 

WE certaiinly will be deserving of the trip next year.  Looking forward to it.

Marcel

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎16 at 7:12 AM, Brad & Jacolyn said:

I have no idea why anything is where it is. All I know is the valve was threaded and a pipe plug fixed my leak. Good luck and may your fix be this simple.

Brad

Lower rad hose seems squishy, a little leak so it the pipe it hooks up to on the engine.  That is heavily rusted.   All Filters being changed plus oil plus annual inspection.

Oil is good.

Nothing we can see in the positioned mentioned but it is dry up there.

Archived