Apollo Convection/Microwave Halftime Oven

Security team 24/7

Does anyone here have one of these puppies installed in their RV? We had the first 2 units replaced within the first year
after getting our 5th wheel back in 07...This 3rd one has run great since 07...we use it a lot especially in Convection Mode
to Bake goodies, pies, etc...all the good stuff to eat...

Well yesterday, it was in Microwave mode and just quit, a service msg blinks in the lower right part of the display...
I reset breaker and it seemed to run fine for about 25 secs and then went into the service MSG again...
I tried finding out more online about it, but so far have come up Nada...

Has anyone encountered this on theirs? Wondering if this unit has given up the ghost, or is it just a plugged filter
or something simple as that?

June, Walter (Princess and Czar-our Shihtzu and Rottweiler) The Security Team 24/7

2000 Volvo 770, VED12-465hp-1.94 Million Kms and Counting,Eaton-Fuller manual stick 13...
232"WB_Twin Screw , 24.5" Rubber, 2011-Passion-Smart Car - 37RL Cardinal, 2KW Solar PV

"Enjoying Life" - Currently Semi-Retired..In the Summer I Drive a Semi...In the Winter I'm Retired"

I don't know about this brand but if it has worked since 2007 I would think that is a pretty good run IMHO. I can't imagine that you will be able to get it worked on. Microwaves are pretty much disposable when they quit. Good luck.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Guess no one on this forum has ever had a problem with their unit, or they don't have one of these units in their RV...
Guess I could try the website that you've sent me..It's worth a try!

June, Walter (Princess and Czar-our Shihtzu and Rottweiler) The Security Team 24/7

2000 Volvo 770, VED12-465hp-1.94 Million Kms and Counting,Eaton-Fuller manual stick 13...
232"WB_Twin Screw , 24.5" Rubber, 2011-Passion-Smart Car - 37RL Cardinal, 2KW Solar PV

"Enjoying Life" - Currently Semi-Retired..In the Summer I Drive a Semi...In the Winter I'm Retired"

I have an Apollo and with my requirement for a 24" wide unit, the Apollo is the only one I have ever found and they seem to be hard to come by. Mine is still working, but no clue what I will do when it dies.

Please let me know if anyone here has luck with the link provided above.

The price listed looks pretty low and I can't help but wonder if this is a very old web page.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

The price listed looks pretty low and I can't help but wonder if this is a very old web page.

According to the copyright of 2016 and http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.apolloworldwide.info/, it's a fairly new page . That's not to say that the site wasn't there or someplace else , before .

Goes around , comes around .

We had a Halftime oven in our first 5th wheel -liked it so well we got one for our truck.

The unit in the truck doesn't see much action and our SpaceCraft has a GE oven.

I was able to get parts for the unit in the old 5th wheel and fix it when it stopped working. It's been too long for me to remember what was wrong with it. They just sent me a "hunk" of electrical stuff and I R&R'd it. Oven worked great again afterwards.

I'd try to contract them and see if they have parts for you.

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

I had a fridgidair and when it started acting up I didn't even try to use a warranty as I figured the rv manufacturer had put in the cheapest unit available. I replaced it with a whirlpool unit.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

I emailed Apollo and they told me that if our unit was older than 08, it's time to throw it away!
Our's is an 06....so today I ripped it out of the kitchen and did just that...threw it out...guess they are
not stocking parts for the older units....We are just going to browse what's out there for convection
ovens and install one of them.

The guy next door runs an appliance repair shop, 15 guys. He's a "factory Service center" for many brands, and recently told two manufacturers ( I believe LG and Samsumg) he's not interested in doing their work. He says they're changing models yearly and won't ship im parts. They just swap out models if still under warranty. Out of warranty? Too bad. Parts will be on back order a loooonnnnggg time.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

800-330-9707

Www.apolllohalftimeoven.com

If you actually call them they are very helpful but it looks like you already trashed it. There are no other choices for a 24" convection oven except one branded Franklin which IIRC was pretty expensive compared to Apollo.

I think Apollo still makes a 24" model that would fit the existing space.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

I did call them and they told me that if my unit was older than 08 then I might as well trash it...Apparently they
don't have the parts anymore for the older units...actually we do have the room to put in a 30" wide unit and there's

lots of those units kicking around... Actually we're going to look at a fairly nice one today, used but looks mint
100 bucks, can't beat that for convection/microwave, stainless/steel to boot, albeit probably chinese stainless
but what the heck...

We have one in our '04 Trail Lite B+. Does a passable job, but in our RV it draws 17+ amps and no other heavy draw items can be on at the same time, coffee maker, toaster, heater, hair dryer, or the water heater electric element I added. We can run the TV, satellite receiver, converter charger, lights and the lights. I was surprised at the warranty given on their web site, basically lifetime materials and labor, from what has been said before, that is unless the item is dropped from production.

Teacher's Pet

'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.

'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com

http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=3912

Archived