Three dogs and a cat

MilesAndSmiles

We just bought our first motorhome, and we're looking forward to hitting the road for some short trips over the summer, and full time in the winter.

When I say "we" I mean my wife, me, our Golden Retriever, our Lassa/Yorki mix, and our chihuahua. Yep -- small, medium, and large! And our cat.

We just listened to a YouTube video that said most RV parks will only allow up to two dogs, and now we're worried. What kinds of restrictions have you encountered? Should we be worried?

2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A

Retired and loving it!

www.milesandsmiles.us

event.png

We've been traveling for about 2 years with 11 dogs, and haven't run into any problems. (We started out with 12, but have lost one of our aged pets). Don't sweat it. Just do your research, and find out if a park has a limit before you go there. Call them before hand if there is any question. You will find there are more than enough parks that can accommodate you.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

When we started out we had a big dog, small dog and 2 cats. There were a couple of times we didn't mention the cats at check in time. We didn't stay longer than a week usually a few days. Now we have one dog and one cat. Recently we did an online registry that asked about pets so we said we had a dog and cat. There is a small charge for pets. At check in they said we didn't need to count the cat. Still got charged for him though since I mentioned him.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

You will find that there are usually no restrictions in state parks, forestry parks or corp of engineer parks, some county parks and city parks. Most of the time the restrictions are for privately owned parks. Some also has breed and some have size restrictions also, not just the number of dogs.

Pat DeJong

A private campground in Rabun County, GA, listed as "Pet Friendly" with pictures of the owners' own dogs, decided over the phone that my two Shepherds were not going to be allowed in her park: "There will never be any Shepherds here." click. Not People Friendly either.

We've been all over the country and Canada with two large dogs and other than the one above, had no problems, no questions, no extra chargesl

• 2 weeks later...

Archived