TechTchr

Any HDT's for sale in NY or the North East?

Hi, New to the Forums, Looking to upgrade from F-150 and Travel Trailer to 5th wheel. Price of new trucks is ridiculous! Even used ones are going for big money unless they are high mileage or 10 years old. planning on retiring in 5 years and want to get a jump on a new unit and truck to continue traveling on our vacations.

I have been researching the HDT hauler Option and it seems like a cost effective way to get a great hauler. I have searched the for sale forum as well as racing junk, truck paper etc and have only found one within 2 hours of the Hudson Valley NY where I live. It seems all the nice ones are located 3000 or more miles away!

Is there anything else for sale in NY or the North East - NY, NJ, Penn, Ct, Mass?

I like the Volvo's with the workstation, but could consider other options. An Automatic is a must have as wife does a lot of the driving and we both have knee problems at various times.

Any leads are appreciated I would like to look local before having to fly out and find something far far away.

Thank you,

Matt

Hudson Valley, NY

Matt, my name is Brian Heath I ran across your post today. I don't know if you would interest or not Ipost-41348-0-06620200-1481219033_thumb.jpgpost-41348-0-06620200-1481219033_thumb.jpg have a 2006 Volvo 780 that I am considering selling. i bought this truck new and used it as my "over the road"truck and hauled freight with it until it reached 945,000 mi at witch time i retired it and bought a new 2015 Volvo and began to convert the 2006 into my rv hauler. It has been singled out with the rear axel moved forward to shorten the wheelbase the exhaust has been routed underneath the truck. I had a bed built for it to haul a Smartcar it would also work well for a motorcycle, it is set up with ramps and a winch that slides into the bed on a reese hitch type set up. The paint job has less than 10,000 miles on it the frame was sandblasted and painted as well. It has a cummins 500 engine, an eaton-fuller 10 speed auto shift transmission "no clutch pedal". it has synthetic oil ran in it from the beginning and has been oil sampled on a regular basis and at todays mileage they still come back great. it is equipped with a thermo king tripac, witch allows you to cool, heat and keep the batteries charged without running the main engine(this truck has had virtually no idle time). I'm considering selling it because I'm preparing to retire and I'm considering converting the 2015.

i have attached a photo of the truck if you are interested in seeing more i would be happy to email more. thank you Brian

Is it just me, but I cannot get the pics to load when I click on them to see their full size? I just get a consistent spinning circle?

It's not just you. I get the same thing. Not sure what the issue is. Sounds like a nice truck.

Brian, where are you located? As I said in the original post, I'm trying to look somewhat local first. Within a 4 hour drive I can travel to most of New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Vermont and half of Pennsylvania . There has to be something for sale around here!

I thought someone had one for sale down near Baltimore Md. but a Peterbuilt ( I think) tried searching for it but I cold not find it.

Hi, New to the Forums, Looking to upgrade from F-150 and Travel Trailer to 5th wheel. Price of new trucks is ridiculous! Even used ones are going for big money unless they are high mileage or 10 years old. planning on retiring in 5 years and want to get a jump on a new unit and truck to continue traveling on our vacations.

We don't have one for sale, but if you'd like to take a look at a Volvo set up for hauling and you make it up the Boston area, I'd be happy to let you check out ours.

We flew to TX to pick up ours--don't be afraid to do a long-distance deal on the right truck.

We drove one way, almost 400 miles to look at and buy our truck back in March 2004. I got off work at 12:30 am, my wife picked me up and we drove though the night to where it was.

Still have that same truck. Although it is for sale. Just not located in the NE of the USA but the SW. :)

I found mine on line in TX. I live in northern CA. I spoke extensively with the seller over the phone and decided to pull the trigger. I flew out and drove it home. It has generally been a good truck and I am happy with it. Each year I have fixed something to make it a better truck. Sometimes those something's were my choice and sometimes the truck decided what I was going to fix.

I have a nice Volvo 770 and Teton Home Fifth Wheel for sale at:

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=122001

If you flew into Harlingen on Southwest to look at my truck, I will pay half your plane ticket.

Dwain

Hey Dwain & Jan what were you early twenties when you took that picture. You looked a couple of years older at the National HDT Rally. LOL How are you guys doing. good to see you out here. Talk to you soon.

Norm & Rhonda

Take a look in Florida, especially Tampa and Orlando. Might search Craigslist for some leads and then look at dealers etc. Many RVing folks settle there and thus sell rigs when they "downsize". There are many large dealers so lots of price competition and lots to choose from. Just a suggestion that might help...and it's a little closer than going out west.

Plus it's a lot warmer there right now than NY! (Any excuse for a trip to warm temps is a good one!) :)

Best of luck!

Bob & Molly

Out of the market for a HDT now. wife decided it was not something she is willing to drive now. Maybe in the future. Instead we got a good end of year deal on a Ram 3500 dually with the cummins diesel and Aisin transmission. should pull anything we finally decide to get. (haven't settled on a 5er yet!)

Thanks for the advise and suggestions. I will keep my eyes open, maybe in the future when we finally retire and travel full time we may make the move.

Matt S