Extended Warranties

Now we're trying to pay off over $12k in repairs. Tried to cancel the policy and at least get some money back (which it'd have to go toward the loan) to find out I'd only get $500 back since they claim they only received $2500 for the policy from the dealership.

I agree with chirakawa on this and it is also a good reason to point out the differences in such extended warranty contracts. You should always buy only and exclusionary type so that it lists exactly what is not covered and all else is covered.With an exclusionary contract everything within a system that isn’t covered is spelled out so you know exactly what is and isn’t covered. An inclusionary contract simply tells you the systems and parts that are covered and the only way you know what isn’t covered is when you make a claim.

With an exclusionary contract everything within a system that isn’t covered is spelled out so you know exactly what is and isn’t covered. An inclusionary contract simply tells you the systems and parts that are covered and the only way you know what isn’t covered is when you make a claim.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We have never had a issues with our extended warranty policies. We understood the terms of the policy, asked questions, followed the terms when using them and never had a problem with approval or payment.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Right now I'm comparing quotes from Wholesale Warranties and Coach-Net. There are two basic differences that I'd like to get feedback on:

1) CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE. The two companies give opposite definitions of the same term! Wholesale Warranties defines it as "Coverage for the repair of a Covered Part if the failure of the Covered Part was caused by the action or inaction of a non-covered part." Coach-Net defines it as coverage for the repair of a non-covered part if caused by a failed covered part"! Confusing, right?

Which do you think is more valuable? What might be some examples?

2) TRANSMISSION

Both policies cover the "internally lubricated" parts of the transmission and the case. But CN excludes "standard transmission couch assembly, clutch disk and linings, clutch pressure plate, clutch throw-out brings, pilot bearings, bent shift forks."

Again, any idea of the value of those excluded parts from CN?

Otherwise the coverage is comparable and the price is comparable too. I have no mechanical background, so I need some help understanding the difference and likelihood of needing these particular coverages.

As a reminder, I've just purchased a 2004 Southwind with about 7000 miles, and plan to use it for long-term travel.

2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A

Retired and loving it!

www.milesandsmiles.us

event.png

Right now I'm comparing quotes from Wholesale Warranties and Coach-Net. There are two basic differences that I'd like to get feedback on:

1) CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE. The two companies give opposite definitions of the same term! Wholesale Warranties defines it as "Coverage for the repair of a Covered Part if the failure of the Covered Part was caused by the action or inaction of a non-covered part." Coach-Net defines it as coverage for the repair of a non-covered part if caused by a failed covered part"! Confusing, right?

The say the same thing and it is a good thing/Our present policy is cornerstone. We called and asked for exactly what that meant and it means exactly what it says. We had a warranty that did not include that clause on a vehicle warranty and it did not pay.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

FWIW I am also looking at WW for my 2016 Ventana DP just purchased new.

6 years/70K $6235 if paid in full

5 years/no mileage coach only $3782 if paid in full

I am going to buy the seven year tire plan from them for $449.

Also looking at extended warranties directly from Cummins and Freightliner.

I would not buy a "coach only" contract since most of the really expensive parts are on the chassis.

The part I am having trouble reconciling is the extended only picks up where the factory ends.

This means the extended adds:

-One year to the transmission

-Three years/20K to the chassis excluding engine

-One year to the engine

I am in the process of purchasing a new RV and looking into extended warranties. I contacted Wholesale Warranty and they told me that they no longer broker several insurance companies. They now are in partnership with only one company and are promoting that company only.

I just talked to Wholesale Warranty yesterday, and they also told me they only sell for one company now, and it is called Viking.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

The part I am having trouble reconciling is the extended only picks up where the factory ends.

I know of none that are not that way and agree that the price seems pretty high. I'm not saying that I would buy that contract, only that I question the value of one that only covers the coach. I would do more price comparisons. There must be other companies which would write coverage for your new RV? If you get several quotes, then you can compare coverage & prices to see what is competitive.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just my opinion that is a very high price. Shop around.

• 1 month later...

After a lot of thought and comparison shopping, we purchased an extended warranty from Wholesale Warranties. Thank you to everyone for your input! If you're interested in all of the hows and whys, I've written a blog about the whole process. https://milesandsmiles.us/choosing-an-extended-warranty-for-a-used-rv

2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A

Retired and loving it!

www.milesandsmiles.us

event.png

Archived