Sign in to follow this  
Snufy1

Lincoln Highway

Has anyone taken the Old Lincoln Highway from CA to NY? Not the interstate part but the old road wherever possible.

I saw a piece on the boob tube about it, looked pretty interesting. It's a trip down memory lane, kind of like doing Route 66. I had never heard of it before seeing that TV show.

We drove as much of it as we could from Elkhart Indiana to Utah last summer. It was a interesting trip. Most of the original highway is concrete and goes through some beautiful countryside. Only got in one bind when I foolishly followed it through South Bend. Got a lot of amazed looks towing a 40' fifth wheel with a Sportchassis through those narrow downtown streets. Went slow smiled and waved and all was good. There are several books on Amazon the outline the Lincoln. I used them to figure a route on Google maps. Would definitely do it again. Dick

I lived in Auburn Ca and it runs thru town and I've taken it from Sac to Truckee and parts of Indiana. I know that it runs next to 80 a lot of the way but who wants to take an interstate execpt when you have to