Homosassa River resort thieves

Wrknrvr

Vern I hope you and Chris have a great trip out west and no more troubles come your way. You have always been a good friend to us and many RVrs. Countless questions answered here and off the boards.

I think some of the thoughtless comments by rude people here is just as bad as your experience in the park in Fl.

Take care my friend

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big5er are you sure you didn't drink that Dr Pepper and go to bed in a Dr Pepper stupor and wake up in the morning with no recollection of drinking all that evil drink?

LOL, that was funny, Ron.

I hate to admit it but I am a junkie. I have never managed to consume enought DP to reach the level of "stupor". Besides, even I open the cans from the top. These little critters opened them all from the side. They wasted much more than they consumed :)

To some of the others...theft, motor vehicles accidents, fires, paper cuts, flat tires, ingrown toenails and yes, even unwanted pregnancy happen all day, every day, all over this great country of ours. It effects men, women, children, baptists, presbyterians, jews and atheists equally. It may happen to you, your neighbors and friends and even me. No one on this forum has "attacked" anyone, nor have they belittled Vern's feelings. What they have commented on is his response to his situation. To blame an entire state for the bad things in life is ludicrous. To claim that you are leaving, never to return, and moving to a place where these things don't happen is wishful thinking that will never happen. Vern seems to be a great person. He and I are both members of the HDT family and he posts a lot of valuable info in that forum, but I disagree with his assessment of this situation. I am a cop. In my 32 years I have seen car wrecks that have dismembered and decapitated bodies. Bodies of men, women, children and animals. I have seen more homes, businesses and vehicles burglarized than I can count. I have seen a 10 year old child beaten with the buckle end of a belt till he bled for bringing home a "C" on his report card, and many other innocent people maimed and killed for silly and unnecessary reasons. I would love to retire to a place where this doesn't happen.

mysticmd...who is attacking who? Maybe you should take a peek in a mirror. While you were criticizing others here for doing the exact same thing you are doing, maybe you could answer my earlier question. Please tell me where can I go that these terrible things will not happen. I am sorry that they do, and I am sorry you had your vehicle burglarized, but where does this not happen? This is a daily occurrence that is unavoidable unless you choose to become a total hermit. Where were you located when your incident occurred? Did you pack up and leave the state? By the way, just to clarify, this is not an attack. These are simply facts of life, facts that need to be pointed out. And questions that need to be asked so that all of us "attackers" can learn from others, like yourself, that seem to think otherwise. Maybe we need to be more sensitive, but maybe you need to realize that this is the world we live in, like it or not. There is more to life than running away and burying your head in the sand. I learned a long time ago that every feeling we have is a 2 way street. How can you know what "happy" is without knowing what "sad" is? There can be no "cold" without "hot" and there is no "up" if there is no "down". And there is no "good" without "bad". We can all wish that other people are the ones that experience all of the bad and that we only experience the good, but sooner or later the "bad" hits us all. Again, I am sorry your vehicle was burglarized but look at it realistically. 99% of your life has been "good" and you should be thankful for it, rather than letting the 1% change you into something else.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

We have had 1 issue with someone stealing fuel from the truck, and have stayed in 1 park where someone was stealing boat batteries and golf cart batteries. That park, in particular, was assessable from the water and road without going thru the gate.

The fuel Issue I didn't realize until we filled up. Truck to about 35 more gallons than it should have.... or we got somewhere around 4 miles a gallon for several hundred miles without realizing it. BUT considering the park we were in and it has never happened again...

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

LOL, that was funny, Ron.

I hate to admit it but I am a junkie. I have never managed to consume enought DP to reach the level of "stupor". Besides, even I open the cans from the top. These little critters opened them all from the side. They wasted much more than they consumed :)

To some of the others...theft, motor vehicles accidents, fires, paper cuts, flat tires, ingrown toenails and yes, even unwanted pregnancy happen all day, every day, all over this great country of ours. It effects men, women, children, baptists, presbyterians, jews and atheists equally. It may happen to you, your neighbors and friends and even me. No one on this forum has "attacked" anyone, nor have they belittled Vern's feelings. What they have commented on is his response to his situation. To blame an entire state for the bad things in life is ludicrous. To claim that you are leaving, never to return, and moving to a place where these things don't happen is wishful thinking that will never happen. Vern seems to be a great person. He and I are both members of the HDT family and he posts a lot of valuable info in that forum, but I disagree with his assessment of this situation. I am a cop. In my 32 years I have seen car wrecks that have dismembered and decapitated bodies. Bodies of men, women, children and animals. I have seen more homes, businesses and vehicles burglarized than I can count. I have seen a 10 year old child beaten with the buckle end of a belt till he bled for bringing home a "C" on his report card, and many other innocent people maimed and killed for silly and unnecessary reasons. I would love to retire to a place where this doesn't happen.

mysticmd...who is attacking who? Maybe you should take a peek in a mirror. While you were criticizing others here for doing the exact same thing you are doing, maybe you could answer my earlier question. Please tell me where can I go that these terrible things will not happen. I am sorry that they do, and I am sorry you had your vehicle burglarized, but where does this not happen? This is a daily occurrence that is unavoidable unless you choose to become a total hermit. Where were you located when your incident occurred? Did you pack up and leave the state? By the way, just to clarify, this is not an attack. These are simply facts of life, facts that need to be pointed out. And questions that need to be asked so that all of us "attackers" can learn from others, like yourself, that seem to think otherwise. Maybe we need to be more sensitive, but maybe you need to realize that this is the world we live in, like it or not. There is more to life than running away and burying your head in the sand. I learned a long time ago that every feeling we have is a 2 way street. How can you know what "happy" is without knowing what "sad" is? There can be no "cold" without "hot" and there is no "up" if there is no "down". And there is no "good" without "bad". We can all wish that other people are the ones that experience all of the bad and that we only experience the good, but sooner or later the "bad" hits us all. Again, I am sorry your vehicle was burglarized but look at it realistically. 99% of your life has been "good" and you should be thankful for it, rather than letting the 1% change you into something else.

Well said..... at 10, 2 , 4 - - or anytime!

;)

RV'ing is such a transitory thing with one exposed to the good, the bad and the really poorly spiced.

I do have an RV dealer that I've sworn never to return to. Yes, there was thievery involved and since it was a dealership, there was quite a few suspicious characters hanging about (not really hanged but perhaps should have been). Anyway, that is one place I have left, never to return.

One place. Then there are the hundreds of places I ache to return to and hopefully will given enough time.

Vern, I understand where you are coming from. Keep searching, you are bound to find the good spots.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Sorry for being so negative about Florida .

I need to make a few statements to help why I was so grouchy .

May 24 th this year I hit a deer with the jeep.

It took about 6 days to get it drivable again.

Then three days later the transmission went out of it.

Switch the tool and eguipment for my business to another vehicle .

Then the wife had shoulder surgery . It ended up being twelve weeks with her arm in a sling.

The first 11 days after her surgery I could not leave but for an hour at most for food shopping. In the first 11 days I really did not sleep.

This is while I am normal working seven days a week.

Then she needed physical therapy so I did take her to some appointments but ended up having someone else drive her for her appointments.

She still cannot drive.

Then a friend calls and needs help in Homosassa Springs. So we drive 2800 miles to help friend. Get there and help a few days and he really does not need me to help.

We visit with the wife's parents for a day. Then she spends three days with her parents over thanksgiving .

They tell us they are moving back to Pennsylvania as her father is having health problems.

So no need to go ack to Florida.

So I am doing somethings on our 5thwheel. And the incident happened that really did not need to happen. But it did. In the seventies I had someone try to steel a custom van I had. But I was sleeping inside.

Total days off for fun things since May 24 has been 5.

The post went way farther than I thought it ever would. I have not read it all as we we traveled 2200 hundred miles since the first post.

Sorry for such negative thoughts , But sometimes one can get overwhelmed when things do not go well.

Again sorry for the negative that's that I had.

Vern

Well Vern you have confirmed what I thought and it was that your were just somewhat overwhelmed at the time. Hope it is getting better and u are getting rested.

I kind of think someone else here is in the same situation for now. We ain't supermen as much as we try to be.

Well Vern you have confirmed what I thought and it was that your were just somewhat overwhelmed at the time. Hope it is getting better and u are getting rested.

I kind of think someone else here is in the same situation for now. We ain't supermen as much as we try to be.

Or , use to be . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

Archived