(Almost) New HDT owners from Missouri

Seniramsu

Hello,

Been lurking on this forum for a few months. Told myself and the wife that I was going to wait a few more years before I bought a HDT.

So, heading out in the morning to pick up our new to us 2013 Volvo 780 we have decided to affectionately name Grunt.

post-55445-0-12820400-1479482046_thumb.jpg

Will give him a final look over and take it for a test drive before handing over the check. It passed the dyno and DOT inspection and from all the pics looks to be a great truck. Have plans to register it as a RV. Will have to have it inspected by the Highway Patrol and hoping I won't have any issues. Looking forward to this new adventure!

Don't think the decision would of been doable without all the great folks and information on this site.

Brad

2013 Volvo 780 "Grunt" D13 I-Shift w/ ET Hitch

2016 Cyclone 4200

Thanks. Me and the wife are pretty excited.

It has the D13 455HP with a 3.25 rear end. Has the Ishift. Would eventually like to add a smart car bed but will most likely be leaving it tandem for now with no bed. Will be making plans to go visit Mr. Szymt and get the ET hitch installed this spring. Will be hauling our 2016 Cyclone 4200.

2016 Cyclone 4200

Looks great and I love that color. I know most are white, but I like that grey color.

Thanks.....camper is grey and was trying to match things up.

CONGRATULATIONS! Hope to see you at an HDT Rally soon.

Thank you. Yes sir. Will definitely plan on attending the one in Kansas next year, only about 4 hours away.

2016 Cyclone 4200

Congrats. If you want to break it in, come to the East Coast Rally in Crossville, TN in April. That way you can show it off sooner.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Thanks. Me and the wife are pretty excited.

It has the D13 455HP with a 3.25 rear end. Has the Ishift. Would eventually like to add a smart car bed but will most likely be leaving it tandem for now with no bed. Will be making plans to go visit Mr. Szymt and get the ET hitch installed this spring. Will be hauling our 2016 Cyclone 4200.

Congratulations on the HDT, and that is an ideal color and spec'ed PERFECTLY!!

One question I do have about your 5th wheel; how do you like the Cyclone 4200? What are the pro's and con's about owning the rig, with the side patio, and what would you improve if you had the option to do so now that you have owned and have gotten used to it!

The Few

Congratulations. Nice looking rig.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Very nice. I like the color. :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Hello,

Been lurking on this forum for a few months. Told myself and the wife that I was going to wait a few more years before I bought a HDT.

So, heading out in the morning to pick up our new to us 2013 Volvo 780 we have decided to affectionately name Grunt.

attachicon.gifGrunt.jpg

Will give him a final look over and take it for a test drive before handing over the check. It passed the dyno and DOT inspection and from all the pics looks to be a great truck. Have plans to register it as a RV. Will have to have it inspected by the Highway Patrol and hoping I won't have any issues. Looking forward to this new adventure!

Don't think the decision would of been doable without all the great folks and information on this site.

Brad

Don't know where you live but 6 years ago the Highway Patrol office in Lee's Summit would not inspect an HDT to reticle as a MH.

Mine and one other that I know if were approved at the St. Joesph office no problem.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Congratulations on the HDT, and that is an ideal color and spec'ed PERFECTLY!!

One question I do have about your 5th wheel; how do you like the Cyclone 4200? What are the pro's and con's about owning the rig, with the side patio, and what would you improve if you had the option to do so now that you have owned and have gotten used to it!

Thanks! Love the 4200. Could not picture full timing in it but the patio has been great when camping to have a dry, clean place to sit and enjoy the view. You do lose some inside space but with the sliding glass door to the patio it just feels nice and open. Only thing I would change would be the seating in the living room to watch tv........I have installed a swivel tv mount to give it a better angle though. The weight use to concern me but I thinking that won't be a problem too much longer! :D

With having two small kids it was the only way to go for us. We had a Bighorn before this and was great for the two of us but kids never had their own space.

2016 Cyclone 4200

Looks good!

I like the name, would it refer to your profession?

Thanks!

In my younger days I was a Marine 0351 and was always proud to be called grunt. Was some of the best/worst days of my young life. Now I sit behind a desk.

2016 Cyclone 4200

Don't know where you live but 6 years ago the Highway Patrol office in Lee's Summit would not inspect an HDT to reticle as a MH.

Mine and one other that I know if were approved at the St. Joesph office no problem.

Hello,

This is of concern to me as I'm southwest of KC and was planning on going to that very HP office. Do you mind letting me what they told you? Did they just flat out tell you they wouldn't even inspect you? I'm hoping it's still not the case. I called them before making the purchase and was given a piece of paper with the requirements. The lady I talked too before going to the office seemed like it wasn't an issue but the guy that was working the desk when I went to get the paper made it sound like it just doesn't happen. Thank you for the heads up!

2016 Cyclone 4200

Thanks everyone! The drive home was amazing.......wife even took a pic of me:

DriveHome.jpg

Got a picture just before I parked it in the garage:

Volvo2.jpg

Nice pics, do you notice that most Corvette's seem to be driven by geezer looking folks but....HDT's seem to be time-machines that make folks s bit younger ...

Nice truck ... gray is easy on the eyes..

and easy to appear clean.

Drive on.....(HDT time-machines...)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived