Newsletter Subscription

Chris-n-Dennis

Does anyone know if the newsletter subscriptions are selectable? This morning I received an email titled "Escapees RV Club News 11/17/2016" and was very disappointed. Instead of club news I was greeted with SPAM. The whole "newsletter" was really just an advertisement for Wholesale Warranties using the normal scare and deadline tactics where we must act now before prices go up!

Personally, I would prefer to remain subscribed to the club news when it contains information and, um, club news. Like most other email choices, I would definitely desire to opt-out of unsolicited advertising such as this last "club news".

Dennis

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Dennis, Did you report your post above to the forum admins? If not nobody at HQ will be aware of it as there as nobody at HQ that reads the forums regularly.

The Report option is visible if you put your mouse over a post and look in the bottom right corner. It may be faintly visible on some screens all the time.

Call, e-mail or report a forum post are all options, call is instant, e-mail is soon and reporting may take a week or so for anyone to even take a look at the post, longer to get an answer too.

There are folks monitoring for spam and abuse and hiding it on a semi-regular basis but we aren't able to do more than that.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Kirk, it was an email re. ESCAPEES NEWS and was an ad from Wholesale Warranties as a Corporate member of Escapees. I emailed back and said it was totally inappropriate. Didn't get an answer

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I agree. I received the same spam and it annoyed me. I am really not sure what can be done about it other for us to delete the spam. If our email addresses have been hacked and the spammer is emulating the Escapees format nothing much can be done. More protections for the future is about all.

I went back and looked at my copy of the e-mail, the headers look the same as earlier messages and if you click the link to view this message in your browser (top right corner) and do the same on an earlier version you are taken to the same web site. I didn't check the digital signatures on the message but I am very sure that this message was sent by the same system that sent previous SKP messages.

I was going to post a copy of the headers here but MailChimp (the service that was used to send this and previous e-mails) embeds many unique identifiers and by the time I'd xxxxxx'd them all out the message was pretty worthless. You can see your version easily in your mail program once you locate the "view source" option there, that avoids the privacy issue of trying to sanitize and share my copy.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Yes, the Club News is a opt in and opt out email subscription.

Regarding the recent Wholesales Warranties Club News, it was sent by HQ and we felt the piece was appropriate due to our partnership and the changes to their services. We do agree that this newsletter was more product related then our typical Club News and is not generally the goal of the subscription. However, much like the RVer Insurance Exchange Club News, these types of articles have relevance to the RVing community and our members which is why we felt they were within our guidelines. Out of respect and appreciation we do not send any information via Club News that we feel is solely spam. You can rest assured that we will provide important club information and updates through our Club Newsletters.

Archived