Mail not forwarded

blrdck

• 2 years later...

Yes, but ...   Over the last few years Escapees has changed.  I have tried multiple times to call to get my mail forwarded.  It used to be that the call went to the "mail room".  Now it goes to a call center somewhere and there are always 20 or so calls ahead.  The club no longer has enough money to support its services.  If you go to the web site, you will see a notice that they are having phone trouble.  That has been there the last few times I have tried to log on.  Like the dryers in the Rainbow office building, they might even get it fixed some day.  The club is no longer a place for RVers to get purchased services.  It is now just another corporation trying to make money off of us.

25 minutes ago, glistok said:

Yes, but ...   Over the last few years Escapees has changed. 

The phone issues are true, but as one who has been part of the group for 20 years, I have never had the sort of problems that you state. I am currently logged into my dashboard and had no problems at all and in that time I have never had a serious mail issue except for the time that I reversed the digits in a zip code I wanted mail sent to. Even then, I did eventually get my mail. 

It is true that there have been changes to the club but there have also been changes to the makeup of the membership. Nothing stays the same. You either change with the times or you fade into history. As one who is very active in the club and who has been so for a long time, it is still the best RV organization available. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, SWharton said:

I have never had a problem getting my mail forwarded. I just logon, update the info. An email comes back in a few hours confirming the instructions.

As you are doing, I very much prefer to do things online or via email instead of phone call.  

With email, or online you usually have a verifiable record of what you or others did or attempted to do.  So when things go wrong you, most of the time, don't have the "she said he said" problem.  Or the "you must have misunderstood the customer service person".

Additionally you usually have a email or confirmation screen when ordering something. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

We have been doing the  "temporary change of address. for 14 years as we winter in Florida for 6 months. We have never had a problem of any kind our mail stopped at our S&B Wednesday the 23  and we have forwarded mail in our mailbox in Florida yesterday the 27th. I will add that we do all of our banking and bill paying on line.

Edited by richfaa

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

On 11/17/2016 at 2:52 PM, Al F said:

I just went to the USPS.com website and I am not seeing a difference in the "forwarding mail" and the "change of address" sections at USPS. They both take me to same "Change of Address" page.

If you start the process you will see you select either PERMANENT  or TEMPORARY.   Select the Temporary and it is good for 6 months.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

6 hours ago, glistok said:

Yes, but ...   Over the last few years Escapees has changed.  I have tried multiple times to call to get my mail forwarded.  It used to be that the call went to the "mail room".  Now it goes to a call center somewhere and there are always 20 or so calls ahead.  The club no longer has enough money to support its services.  If you go to the web site, you will see a notice that they are having phone trouble.  That has been there the last few times I have tried to log on.  Like the dryers in the Rainbow office building, they might even get it fixed some day.  The club is no longer a place for RVers to get purchased services.  It is now just another corporation trying to make money off of us.

Easiest way is to send an email.  Put in where you want it sent, and the correct address you want it sent to.  Doing it by email means no problems with someone not hearing the exact address correctly.    You get an email back that evening saying it is set for either the next day or on the day you specify and then you get an email when it is sent.   I haven't called in probably 10 years - just so much easier with an email.

Yes, they have having growing pains.   It was always a corporation.  I get great service and have been happy with the service for the past 14 years.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

17 hours ago, glistok said:

I have tried multiple times to call to get my mail forwarded.  It used to be that the call went to the "mail room".  Now it goes to a call center somewhere and there are always 20 or so calls ahead. 

I never call.  Instead, I use the form provided in the Member's area on the Escapees' website.  That way, I don't have to hold and I know that there's nothing lost in translation that can often happen when talking with someone on the phone.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

• 2 months later...

Well, there is no button on the mail service page to have my mail sent.  The address is there.  This is a common problem when corporate focus changes from providing services to making money.  Yes, the "club" needs to make money.  But it still needs to provide services and it is not doing that.  I just spent two long sessions listening to the phone message that someone one would be with me shortly only to have the system hang up on me.  The club apologists can say they never have any problems and say that their way of doing things are best all they want.  It is time to look for another organization.

4 minutes ago, glistok said:

Well, there is no button on the mail service page to have my mail sent.  The address is there. 

Actually there is, it is labeled "Update Mailing Instructions" and that takes you to the page to update where you want the mail sent, how often ('one time only' is the default) and when you want it sent.   

Again, just send an email to mailservices@escapees.com with the information and they will do the rest.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

41 minutes ago, glistok said:

The club apologists can say they never have any problems and say that their way of doing things are best all they want.  It is time to look for another organization.

Good bye!               

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI