Whirlpool Washer Problems

ms60ocb

My Whirlpool has failed and getting Service is an Extra Pain. The washer failed to start wash cycles, we try everything, cycling the power off and on, tried difference switch setting, reread the Use & Care Guide. But after maybe 30 minutes of trying it would start 2 times. But the third time when winterizing no luck.

I called Whirlpool and no help and no possible chance to schedule service without giving a week of being in one location. We finally figured out are schedule and after Thanksgiving we will be parked at the same Campground that the RV is presently stored. Of course without any Help from Whirlpool the washer is not winterized so I'm wouldn't be surprised if I have a freeze damage, Sunday night, as I know all water could not be blown out or flushed out of the water lines. I poured antifreeze in the washer drum and the pump would run to protect the drain.

I called this morning and was given a factory service name. I looked it up and they do service up to about 300 miles from me and now I can't talk to a real person again.

I have been Thor'ed again. Warranty work is always continuing on something.

What do people do for service on the road, I would have like to made an Appointment and drove to that location but not with Whirlpool.

Clay

2016 DRV MS 38PS3 with Whirlpool stacked Washer/Dryer which my wife has loved.

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Anyone that does Whirlpool service and warranty work should be able to help, I would think. Call your nearest Lowes or Home Depot and ask who they use for warranty work.

Unless you have some different kind of warranty, I would not think this would be an issue for Thor. They (well a division of) built our RV as well, but they do not warrant quite a bit, it is up the different manufacturers of those components (like fridge, stove, microwave, etc.).

Edited by Chalkie

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

We had a Whirlpool washer in our rig too. It took a while to find someone to service a Whirlpool and in an RV. Finally found out that Sears would do it. Very well equipped contractor showed up, digitally evaluated and had an estimate within an hour ans had the parts in his van. Not cheap, it was $100 just for the service call but it was quality service.

I finally talked to Whirlpool again, Yes finding a repairman for warranty repair in a RV seems to part of the problem. Anyway we are are having Thanksgiving in Southern Illinois and the day after we have a repair scheduled..

Whirlpool has problem with their Customer Service Call Center, Plan on being on hold 20 plus minutes, if you have them return your call, it will not be soon. I will say the the fourth person was a saint and got the job done.

Clay

• 11 months later...

Its been a year and again I do not have a happy wife. I was winterizing and the washer wouldn't run so I'm not in a good mood. Same problem as this started out but the warranty has expired and Whirlpool is telling me $100+ for the Part. These are defective door switches.

My front load whirlpool washer is M/n  WFC 7500 VW2  Anyone else having Problems?

Clay

I appreciate you mentioning youtude as that often overlook them.

I think sometimes the problem is getting the unit out to work on the item. However this case it is open door removing a gasket. The repairmen gave the old switch a year ago so I figured out the problem. I have already made the present switch work again but suspect good for 6 months ?

May not be related but there are fault codes that can be checked. 

We have had a common problem that stopped it from draining. Found the debris catch screen full of dog hair. 

Its under the bottom front cover at  floor level. Easy access. 

Unscrew it and pull out the mess. Watch for water to come out. Lots if drum is full. Use plastic garbage bag and towel. Catch 90%. 

Edited by billr

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

• 2 years later...
On 10/28/2017 at 9:53 AM, billr said:

May not be related but there are fault codes that can be checked. 

We have had a common problem that stopped it from draining. Found the debris catch screen full of dog hair. 

Its under the bottom front cover at  floor level. Easy access. 

Unscrew it and pull out the mess. Watch for water to come out. Lots if drum is full. Use plastic garbage bag and towel. Catch 90%. 

Billr 

Is what u unscrew on the pump itself or separate.  We're having draining problems and am thinking something might be plugging the screen mentioned.

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-