Full timing class C

jacks

Hi All,

Class A's are great but I don't think I would be happy in an RV campground and a Class C would give me more options where to park overnight and go into the city more often, but is it realistic for me to think, as a single 62 yo guy, I would be comfortable living full time in a class C 27-30 footer? ThanksThanks

Hi All,

Class A's are great but I don't think I would be happy in an RV campground and a Class C would give me more options where to park overnight and go into the city more often, but is it realistic for me to think, as a single 62 yo guy, I would be comfortable living full time in a class C 27-30 footer? ThanksThanks

I've met lot's of folks who are fulltiming in smaller units than that and are very comfortable and happy with their arrangements. Not knowing you, I couldn't say if you would or not.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Well, it can be done, others have, we did spend two years full timing in a 30 foot class c , no slides. Two adults, one dog and one cat. Health issues derailed our adventure, not the size of our rig. Since it is only you, and you value parking options, look at some 21 to 24 ft floor plans, at 30 feet, you will be limited as to where you can park it in an urban area.

While not a Class C, my 27ft 5'er with one slide is more than comfortable for me as a single woman with two dogs. I think you'll do great in that size, especially with a slide or two.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

DuneElliot, The 5'ers are very tempting!

I went the 5'er route because of my initial reason for buying one...living on the ranch I co-owned during the summer. There was no point in having something with an engine at that point, and I didn't find a TT in my budget at the time I was looking. I also already owned a suitable truck for hauling a gooseneck horse trailer so I didn't need to think about that in my budget, and I am used to hauling/backing/turning/parking a large trailer in some obscene places...lol.

The 27ft size I have is big enough to feel not feel cramped but small enough to get most anywhere I want to.

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think my wife and I could live full-time in our 23.5' rig, but a few years ago when I needed to be out-of-state I lived in it by myself for 4 months and got along great. Obviously you learn to do without some things, to make do with a smaller wardrobe, and to keep things tidy as you go along. You'd definitely some storage space with a relative or in a commercial unit for some things. And you'd definitely need to learn to transition record-keeping away from paper files to digital.

Clarkie
Dick & Linda, hosting Abbie, our miniature Dachshund.
23.5' Lazy Daze MH
Newberg, Oregon

I guess it's a matter of trade offs and prioritizing what's important to a person. The wish for easy movement versus space and creature comfort. I have fears of selling the house and everything and getting the RV and feeling like ive made a mistake and not liking the life style because I've never done it. However, Every time I get in my pickup and leave the house I think how much i like being on the move and not in the same place. I think an RV life would be like that a bit like that feeling and no matter what type of RV I get I would probably like it. Thanks for all the great replies!

Watch Bob Wells Youtube channel. He interviews all kinds of RV-livers, in all kinds of accommodations. It could be really insightful to listen to the people who had the same fears as you do Jacks. There is one in particular I think that the husband would resonate with you (it's the second link):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAj7O3LCDbkIR54hAn6Zz7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5pCmj7P5qo&t=1963s

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Great video of the couple! It led me to watch this one as well.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCM1Ip1ksk0

I think I'm going to rent a one-way cruiseamerica "Hot deal" RV out of phoenix to help me decide. A 30 footer for 24$ per night.

Thanks

A very good idea. Best to test the waters beforehand. Many many people don't buy the right thing the first time around, so checking things out with a couple of rentals can help see what you like and don't like about different sizes, amenities, layouts etc and what you want, need and like. I didn't think about any of this and just lucked out that my fiver was just about perfect in every way for me when I finally got to thinking about what I would change. The only change I would make is more headroom in the bedroom, but not a deal breaker and I wouldn't trade it just for that; it still has more headroom than many over-cab Class C and Van beds

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Yes a good idea. I rented one four years ago for 7 nights and went from az to to Colorado alone but to a family reunion. First night pulled off the main highway onto a road and drove up to a flattop hill in the boonies, on the reservation, very windy and looked like a fire pit an beer bottles all over, prolly not so safe, but was great experience for first RV night on the road.

• 2 months later...

If you haven't found anything yet, take a look at used inventory on Phoenix USA's website. Here's a link to a pretty good rig. http://www.phoenixusarv.com/u?id=2009-Phoenix-Cruiser-2551-10781

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Archived