Hi, I'm new. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Luciano

I don't look this generic in real life. I am at work and don't have any pics to post. I'll do so when I get home.

I love to travel, and now that I will be retiring next year, I'm looking forward to being on the road as much as possible. That is where I am happiest.

I'm a part time van dweller. I bought a GMC cargo van, designed it with what I had in mind, and found a company to put it together for me. It's a stealth van I named Maxine. I wanted the liberty to go anywhere I wanted; in or out of the city. I like the fact that I can basically pull over anywhere and camp. It's very empowering. From the outside my van looks like a typical work van. It keeps me under the radar.

I am seeing somebody, but she's not into my lifestyle so I tend to travel most of the time by myself. I don't mind resorts and such, but they aren't my thing. I would rather be camping in my rig or in a tent than be at a 5 Star Hotel. That's just me. I thought it would be nice to meet some people who understand the lure of the open road and can relate to the lifestyle.

I have a ten day trip planned for November up the coast to San Francisco and next year I'm planning a four to six week trip to Baja, which I'm very excited about.

I like to learn and grow, and look forward to reading the articles on the site, interacting with people on the forum, and get more involved in the overall organization. Look forward to meeting some of you.

I would rather live like a lion for a day, than live like a sheep for one hundred years.

Welcome to the Escapee forums! It is always good to have new members join us and we do appreciate your having chosen to be a part of this group. Do not hesitate to comment upon any of the subjects here or to start new ones and to ask questions. Helping each other is mostly what the Escapees are all about.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

i too am new but here i feel like it is home :)

Welcome aboard man!

We have an a class big but fun and has lots of room for 2.

We are trying to get in one more trip before the snows flies

so if anybody has a few pointers on camping in the snow in an RV I would love to here your story.

good luck in your travels!

Cheers

RV'ers

• 4 weeks later...

We are new too and have learned so much on this forum! Very grateful to have found this group. Enjoy your travels.

Happy Trails,

Jim & Ginger/Nomad Hikers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retirement 12/2016

Full-time 04/2017

VanLeigh Vilano/Ford F350

Blog site - https://www.trailer2trail.com/

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=trailer2trail

Archived