amh210

Spending the Winter at Escapees Park in Livingston?

Does anyone have thoughts or guidance to share about spending the winter in an RV at the Escapees Park in Livingston? It certainly isn't going to be "tropical" but I'm wondering how comfortable a place it would be to spend the winter.

Thanks!

Andy

Not a bad place to winter. The past few years FREEZING temperatures have been measured in hours, not days. A/C may need to run any month.

We spend our winters about 90 miles south of Livingston. A couple of years ago we disconnected water 3 or 4 times because of lows in the 20's. Aside from that, we've not even had to do that. Livingston will get a bit colder, not so much because of distance north as because of distance from the Gulf. Average lows for Livingston in January are in the upper 30's.

We spend our winters about 90 miles south of Livingston. A couple of years ago we disconnected water 3 or 4 times because of lows in the 20's. Aside from that, we've not even had to do that. Livingston will get a bit colder, not so much because of distance north as because of distance from the Gulf. Average lows for Livingston in January are in the upper 30's.

Where do you stay?

We spent our first winter in Houston. Currently staying at Rainbow's End. Have not made a decision on our second winter home. Escapees may be it. Winter temps not bad. Town and area can meet one winter needs.

I live on a small ranch about 30 miles south of Livingston and we find

the winter a little to cool for us. It is off to Florida, south Florida for the winter.

Born and raised in that area and you will have more need for an air conditioner than a heater till January. Jan and Feb will see temps down in the 30's a couple of times and maybe in the 20's once or twice but the cold doesn't last long, usually warms right back up the next day...in the 35 years I lived there I can remember our pipes bursting one time and that was because we lived in a house with exposed pipes under the house and we didn't wrap them.

We spent last winter in the park, the weather was quite nice. No need to winterize, our neighbors did mention prior winters were colder. But freezing temps only for a few hours over night.