Need advice for my situation-DirecTV portable antenna

Current Directv customer with an HR24-200 receiver DVR.

Current MH roof dish is broken. Will be buying a new MH soon so keep that in mind.

I will be taking the current receiver from my house to the MH for a three week trip and need advice on what portable dish to buy that is compatible with DTV. I am open to either a tripod or portable style. I would like the most hassle free aiming. It only needs to operate one TV.

Ideas?

Record many hours on the HR24 to watch while traveling. And use the roof mounted antenna for OTA programs.

Save your money for the new MH for a Trav'ler.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Record many hours on the HR24 to watch while traveling. And use the roof mounted antenna for OTA programs.

Save your money for the new MH for a Trav'ler.

I appreciate the response but this suggestion won't allow me to watch new shows on the road....

I'll have the money for the Trav'ler but I need a more immediate solution.

Know anyone that is moving or switching providers? I got a dish from a neighbor that was switching to cable and then just purchased a tripod. Aiming is a little bit of a pain, but after you have done it a time or two it gets easier. I was also able to snag the SWM injector so I could leave the one in the house and have one for the RV.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You can call DirecTV and they will send you a dish and tripod. I can't remember exactly, but I think I got mine for free. Then you have to learn how to use it...

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Crew Cab Long Bed  😀

Honda eu2200i generators

Daisy May, the Golden Doodle Wonderdog

Thanks for the replies.

I don't want to fix the dish because it is ancient (1998), I don't do well on a roof, and don't want to pay someone as I am selling the coach soon.

I bought a complete kit from an eBay seller for about $130 and this works for my needs.

I was not aware DTV might be giving away dishes and tripods. Never would have thought of that.

I've not heard of DTV giving away dishes and tripods but certainly will look into it if I ever need another setup. We bought our current tripod from RS and was given a used dish from a friend. Works great. It does take a bit of work to hit satellite but pretty easy after a time or two setting up. Would like to have the Travler type thing on the roof for automatic satellite finder..... But will just get along with portable rig for now. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Archived