slackercruster

Did you ever pay $100+ for a parking spot at a RV campsight?

15 hours ago, Al F said:

It is everyone's option to decide what is best for them.  It is called freedom of choice.  

I also consider what it costs to operate a RV Park.  For the one right near downtown NYC,I'm sure the cost of the land fees, taxes and whatever, has a major affect on the price to rent a site. 

No biggie deal.  Out of your price range, just don't go.  But "disgusting" I don't find it so.  

You express my thoughts very well. Like Joel, we no longer do any dry camping.

We will probably do the eastern tour in 2020 or 2021.  Thinking of going all the way up to New Brunswick, finding a CG that will let us leave the coach, and take the Harley up through Canada.

My goal as I start planning these travels is to stay 100 miles or more out from cities such as NY and DC.  What I'm finding is the CG rates are much more favorable and cheap public transportation is available.  

1 hour ago, FL-JOE said:

My goal as I start planning these travels is to stay 100 miles or more out from cities such as NY and DC. 

Before you go to DC, check out Pohick Bay Regional Park as it worked out very well for us when we visited the area about 10 years ago. It may be much different but take a look. We drove the car to a station for metro trains and rode it into Washington. Parking there was free and access to most attractions was quite good. 

As Kirk stated in the above post check out Pohick Bay Regional Park. We always used Bull Run Regional Park just outside of Manassas, VA. It was easier for us since we were coming from the north. Easy drive to Metro Station. And the D.C. Metro is very easy to use.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:31 AM, slackercruster said:

...you don't think that is disgusting??

No, it's a free market.  I recently faced near $100 spots for a San Diego trip.  I started doing more careful searching and found that the state park system had places with electric and water for a lot less, but not as easy to find.  We would like electric, but could even do without that.  No need for water and sewer.  So keep looking, try state and city parks.