Have you ever had your Medical Information hacked?

I received a letter from my health care provider saying there system was hacked and my information may have been compromised. Of course they apologized etc etc and offered free credit monitoring by Kroll Breach.

1. Have you ever signed up for the "free" credit monitoring services offered by a health provider that was hacked?
  2. If so did they catch anything?
  3. Did you get on any mailing lists because of the service?

Last winter after I had been to the hospital for a ultrasound. A month later a credit card showed up in my mail that I didn't apply for and I got a letter from another CC company about my application for one.

I didn't figure the hospital was hacked. I figured some one working there got too all my ID info. As every time going there they make a copy of all my info that anyone would need to apply for a CC.

I worked the problems out with the fraud division on both cards(did take a few months). and right away I put a Alert on all 3 of the credit Bureau's. After that I did get a call from one CC and stopped it.

No more since.

But I do every 90 day's redo the Alert. But it is much cheaper doing it myself then paying a $$$ credit monitoring services to tell me someone is messing with my credit info. And I would still have to deal with the problem.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Last winter after I had been to the hospital for a ultrasound. A month later a credit card showed up in my mail that I didn't apply for and I got a letter from another CC company about my application for one.

I didn't figure the hospital was hacked. I figured some one working there got too all my ID info. As every time going there they make a copy of all my info that anyone would need to apply for a CC.

I worked the problems out with the fraud division on both cards(did take a few months). and right away I put a Alert on all 3 of the credit Bureau's. After that I did get a call from one CC and stopped it.

No more since.

But I do every 90 day's redo the Alert. But it is much cheaper doing it myself then paying a $$$ credit monitoring services to tell me someone is messing with my credit info. And I would still have to deal with the problem.

Good alternative, thanks for the suggestion.

I've not had my medical information breached, but we were caught up in the South Carolina state tax system breach several years ago. The state provided free credit and identity theft monitoring... it was initially just supposed to be for a year. Toward the end of that first year, they switched credit/ID monitoring firms and continued the monitoring. It's been three or four years now and we're still getting free monitoring and have received nothing to indicate that it's going to stop any time soon. We get monthly emails from the monitoring firm and have had no attempted misuse of our data.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Archived