Freightliner Fuel Gauge

Bobi and Dick McKee

• 2 weeks later...

Pug that doesn't even make sense. If both tanks are at 1/4 than you have 1/4 the amount of fuel vs full . Dick contact the manufacturer. Is your tank round? Where is it mounted? Is it easy to get to the sending unit?

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

The sending units are difficult to get to (on top of the tanks). Pug, I have to disagree because at a reading of 1/4 it takes 75 gallons to fill the tanks which is half of the capacity of 150. We are home now and I'll go by the local Freightliner dealer and ask about the sending units. I'll post what they tell me. For now I will continue to track the fuel by miles driven Dick

Was able to replace the sender on my 2005 M-2. Located on top of the drivers side tank. It was way off. There is no damping circuit like on cars so that the guage varies dramatically as you accelerate or decelerate. I've found mine is only close to accurate when the truck is at rest. A new sender was about $70 a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I filled my Truck when it was just on the 1/4 mark and put in 95 Gallons. I fill to the bottom of the neck. How much capacity is left??, if it was 15 gallon left for air or the 100 gallon tank plus the 50 gallon tank capacity actually would be 135 gallons. So 95 Gallon isn't far off. If the usable capacity is to be 150 then I should have been able to put i an additional 20 Gallon.

Question are the tanks actually sized for 150 gallon usable or about 135 gallon.

I do have this problem parking my truck level as commonly one side the truck is low, Mostly the passenger side is low causing the gauge to read read.

Just a thought are you filling both tanks at the same time, The flow transfer between tanks never gives me full if I fill one and then the other.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

The gauge on our 2015 M2 is way off. When it reads 1/4 the tanks will only take about 75 gallons of diesel which is 1/2 capacity. I track fuel levels by using

the trip odo. Is there a way to adjust the sending unit on these rigs to read correctly? Thanks in Advance, Dick

Our Freightshaker Century has a pair of 120 gal tanks connected with a "equlizer-line" that does NOT keep the tank levels "equal". What I am about to propose is fairly old school but it works every time......make a dip-stick and calibrate it in 5 gallon increments and then all you have to do is dip both tanks once in a while and then you know the current state of your fuel load....

For decades I had to use KNOWN fuel loads (confirmed with dip-stick) and then keeping detailed fuel logs with timed fuel burn rates to CONFIRM what the fuel gages were indicating on aircraft fuel gage systems that cost more than our trucks cost....

It's stone age tech but....it works...

Drive on.....( High dip-stick math...)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived