RV Flex Armor Roof

brunsje

A good question to ask about is how do they handle slideouts. Some RV Roofing places won't do anything with them because of potentially causing clearance problems when retracting them

We are planning to be in St Augustine for the winter and my 17 year old roof is definitely on the cusp of serious problems that I can't fix so I, too, am very interested in RV Armor results. I think I have seen all the videos on them on Youtube but there is nothing like individual experiences to make me happier.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

I had my rubber roof sprayed by RV Flex Armor this past January after my 5 year old roof membrane started leaking through the membrane. I had this done in Madison, MS. I can't say enough good about the process or the product - fantastic and no more caulking to inspect or replace.

I wish they would do slides, but they don't. I have slide toppers so this rubber is protected to some degree, but rubber roofs are a big negative to me regardless of material or manufacturer. If I was to buy a brand new RV today I would have the roof sprayed by RV Flex Armor before I ever moved in.

And the 12 year warranty on most rubber roofs is all smoke and mirrors.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

I have been thinking of doing that when my 18 year old rubber roof needs it.

So far it is still looking good and I only power wash it 2 times a year. Use no brushes or any soap on it.

I did put eternabond tape on the front & rear cap seams a couple years ago..

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Measured my roof at 33 feet for sealing. Called Mesa, AZ facility for quote. Response was $7100!

Jer

Did you get an estimate for a new rubber roof for comparison?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

We're planning to have our roof done by RVroof.com (the FlexArmor folks) at their Green Cove Springs shop in FL next month. They quoted me $160 per linear foot for our roof and my understanding is that the price includes the cost of replacement seals for the air conditioners, vent pipes and covers, and new Max Air covers. I believe that any repairs to the roof would be additional but have not discussed this specifically since I believe our roof is in pretty good shape. Since we recently had both of our air conditioners replaced (and the seals should be in near new condition) they indicated that they would make an adjustment to the cost to reflect that replacement was not necessary. They also provide a lifetime, transferable, no leak guarantee.

I'm really looking forward to no longer worrying about the roof leaking or having to inspect and repair caulking on the roof. In my opinion it will be worth the cost.

Judy LeMosy

2007 New Horizons Summit 38' / 2001 610 Volvo with Smart Car on bed

Their website at rvroof.com says in their FAQ section:

What if I have to replace anything on my roof? When we do your roof we replace all your vent pipes and lids, refrigerator base and lids, standard vent lids, install new Camco vent covers and new a/c gaskets. Your new bases are sealed in under the product so they will last as long as the roof.

If you ever need to replace something for some reason or add something such as solar panels, we can remove the component, install a new one and respray just that area that was cut through. If you are somewhere else at the time, grind or cut through the coating to get the part out, replace it and caulk it until you can get back to an approved RV FlexArmor® facility for respraying.

Judy LeMosy

tyates007: You're welcome. We've been considering this for about a year now so at this point we're obviously sold.

Big5er: With regard to your comment on comparing the cost for a new rubber roof, a few years ago on another trailer, we looked into the cost of a new rubber roof and at that time I think it was $125 per linear foot. It's probably more by now.

Judy LeMosy

I had my roof done with RV Flex Armor in Madison, MS this past January. I couldn't be happier and no more worries about rubber roof or caulking. My rubber roof was 5 years old and water was starting to leak through the failing membrane. Offer from the rubber roof company per their 12 year warranty was $227.00 total.

The RV Flex Armor cost me $400.00 more than replacing the rubber roof by my dealer - Less the $227.00 of course if I used the same manufacturer's material. I didn't.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

Thanks Rocky. I wish we had done it when we bought it a couple of years ago. We haven't found any evidence of leaking inside the rig but I'm starting to notice a slight crunchy noise when I walk on the roof. I'm not sure if it's water or UV damage but am very curious to see what they find when they remove the layers of caulk, vents, etc.

Judy LeMosy

• 2 months later...

We are getting ours done next month in Green Cove Springs. Anyone have anything to add to these comments?

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Archived