The ultimate toy hauler, 53' custom built

2020 farms

Any ideas of where to advertise my trailer? At 53' long and 27,500#s dry it should be towed by a HDT. I was designed for a off-road race team with a full garage and lift in the back, but it can just as easily be used for luxury living as the garage is currently a large bedroom. Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

Custom built 5th wheel with garage and lift. Originally built for an off road racing team. Built with the best components (entertainment system that will rival any luxury home),

and ultra luxurious finishes (all counter tops are marble) Exceptional value at $80,000 (cost over $400,000 to build) Includes an expansive list of new components.

Features:

53' of luxury and versatility.

VERY HEAVY DUTY! 27,500 # Dry Weight

Available garage lift

HUGE amounts of storage including basement storage

Full size pull out grill

Two 20' Awnings

NEW electric over hydraulic brake actuator

NEW electric over hydraulic slide out motor

Two NEW Bulldog heavy duty landing gears

NEW brakes

NEW Tires

17.5" Wheels

Recently rebuilt hubs

Xantech whole house Inverter

All new LED interior lights

LED exterior flood lights

LED turn, stop and marker lights

Hi Def satellite antenna

3 Large LED TVs

Russound home entertainment controller

4 CCTV camera security system

4 new A/C units

Furnace

2 rebuilt refrigerators

2 Push button toilets

Stainless steel cabinet fronts

Custom stainless steel swing table

Carpet, (new) hickory wood floors, window coverings

Custom designer couch

Basement Storage

Garage, 13'6' Rubber Coin Flooring, Tie Downs, Aluminum Walls, Winch Control Ramp Door

12,500 Onan Diesel Gen.

Large Main Salon:

Custom Couch, Custom Stainless Table, Huge Slide Out Kitchen Double Refrigerator, Full Size Oven, Microwave, AC, Stainless Faced Cabinets

Front Master Bedroom:

Queen Bed, Large Storage, LED TV, AC

Front Bathroom:

Corian Shower, Push Button Toilet, Large Counter, new shower head

Rear Bathroom:

Huge Glass Steam Shower, Push Button Toilet, Storage, Mirror Medicine Cabinet, Large Sink, AC

Basement Storage, Garage, 13'6' Rubber Coin Flooring, Tie Downs Aluminum Walls, Roll Out Carpet, AC, Large LED TV, Winch Control Ramp Door, 12,500 Onan Diesel Gen. , Xantech Inverter

Very nice. Good deal for someone that wants something like that. I'd also recommend racing junk.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Very nice trailer. Can you advise on a few items:

What year is the trailer?

You mention the dry weight, what is the GVWR rating (how much payload can it carry)?

What are the axle ratings?

Do you know what the pin weight was dry?

How large are the water tanks, fresh,

Black & grey?

Is the garage 13'-6" long? What is the clear width and height of yhe garage and size of rear door opening?

Where is trailer located at?

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Stated actual empty weight is 27,500 pounds. You tell me it has 8,000 pound axles (x3=24,000 pounds of axle capacity). Said trailer is already 3,500 pounds overweight (and that's if those 17.5" wheels & tires are rated to carry said load). 10,000 pound axles / wheels / tires would have left a VERY small safety cushion (if in fact there was any cushion left after loading personal stuff and water). The builder really should have gone with 12,000 pound running gear per axle (if not even higher).

John,

Pin weight is 8,500# so actual carrying weight when hitched is 27,500 - 8,500 = 19,000# so three 8000 lb. axles gives 5,000 lb cushion. When parked extension legs carry the extra weight so again not overloaded. Think I'm correct about this but tell me if I'm wrong.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

John,

Pin weight is 8,500# so actual carrying weight when hitched is 27,500 - 8,500 = 19,000# so three 8000 lb. axles gives 5,000 lb cushion. When parked extension legs carry the extra weight so again not overloaded. Think I'm correct about this but tell me if I'm wrong.

The legs, being further aft of the pin, would actually take more load than the pin.

Having challenges private messaging from my phone I am going to address questions in this post to the best of my ability.

1. The trailer and axles are well within load limits and has a good amount of load carrying capability. It tows very well and has been trouble -free.

2.the garage is 13'2" long usable; 8'1"wide on interior; 9'9" interior height to the bottum of the a/c plenum; garage door height is 8'10" with an obstruction on the far left side bringing it down to 8'4".

3.tank capacities:

Fresh 200 g.

Black 220 g.

Grey 55 g.

Diesel 85 g.

*room to install more tanks.

4. Trailer has been constantly updated since 2010.

*all new house and generator batteries being installed this week.

Hopefully I have address all questions. Thank you again for your comments/input.

Archived