New MORryde Entry Steps

BigTexRex

I had heard, from a different forum, that MORryde was coming out with new entry steps, so I emailed the company asking when they planned to release their product because I was interested. Jack Enfield, marketing director, quickly emailed me back and said the release was imminent and within a week he sent the the attached video of their steps. A completely different design and I placed my order. If you look closely at the video, it looks like the Montana is purposely built with these steps in mind. The video is a sneak peek of the video, which they will be improving with voice and professional editing, that they'll be releasing in the near future--I was given permission to put it out to the public. I'll let you know how it works in our RV.

Rex & Karen

Libre y pobre en La Casa Rodante

Maybe "rynosback" didn't watch the entire video.

The wife has difficulty with the factory 3-step set-up on the 5th.

So - I first searched the available replacement 4-step options, ordered one - but was not impressed, and returned it.

I then "manufactured" my own version (without ever seeing Morryde's) which was removable.

My solution was a 4-step which attached to the top of the existing step/s bracket - which meant....

the factory steps were still there, and usable if desired.

One pin each side to attach.

However, my version didn't pivot to the inside. The plan is/was to put it in place once we were at a camp spot and use

the factory steps for a quick in and out to use the facilities, get something out of the fridge, etc.

The obvious drawback/s are/were:

It has to be 'stored' on the floor of the 5th when not in use,

No problem for 'semi-permanent' use - but for a quick in and out (using the factory steps) it's on the floor, a bit in

the way.

My 'prototype' is wood, which works well and is light enough - but I was in the process of moving on to aluminum.

(Have the parts - but not assembled yet)

MorRyde has built a better mouse trap - and has made my day!!!

Maybe "rynosback" didn't watch the entire video.

The wife has difficulty with the factory 3-step set-up on the 5th.

So - I first searched the available replacement 4-step options, ordered one - but was not impressed, and returned it.

I then "manufactured" my own version (without ever seeing Morryde's) which was removable.

My solution was a 4-step which attached to the top of the existing step/s bracket - which meant....

the factory steps were still there, and usable if desired.

One pin each side to attach.

However, my version didn't pivot to the inside. The plan is/was to put it in place once we were at a camp spot and use

the factory steps for a quick in and out to use the facilities, get something out of the fridge, etc.

The obvious drawback/s are/were:

It has to be 'stored' on the floor of the 5th when not in use,

No problem for 'semi-permanent' use - but for a quick in and out (using the factory steps) it's on the floor, a bit in

the way.

My 'prototype' is wood, which works well and is light enough - but I was in the process of moving on to aluminum.

(Have the parts - but not assembled yet)

MorRyde has built a better mouse trap - and has made my day!!!

I still like it and I know that Moryde is a first class operation. I have nothing but the highest regards for them. And they look very steady when you go up and down them.

I went with a 4 step power steps on my unit. They are very solid compared to the 4 step manual fold down steps.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I had feedback from another forum that the steps may not be deployable at some truck stops because of the close parking. Something I'll have to watch for.

Hmmmmm - maybe my detachable (home-made) isn't such a bad idea after all.

I can still use the 'factory' fold out if I wish.

But.......how often does anyone want to park *that* close to whatever obstruction?

Look forward to your testing.

Very impressive and as rynosback said MORyde is a quality company. I like the easy storage and setup. A year + ago we purchased a Port-A-Step and like it a lot. Three advantages it has is a two step wide landing at the top, handrail, and it sits on the top OEM steps allowing us to use them if desired. Disadvantage is you have to store in in the basement or truck bed after simply folding them up. Perhaps MORyde can add the landing and/or handrail. Good steps are not cheap but sure are nice! Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Will be interesting to see if this is a retrofit item for current 5ers. I was planning on buying a set of Torklift Revolution Glowsteps. WIll hold off for a few months now.

My wife does fair with factory door steps. The interior to bedroom is her problem area.

We bought the Torklift Revolution Glowsteps and are very happy with them. Our original steps were almost unusable. We think they were bent somehow. But even at that, they felt as though they were going to collapse.

I have rheumatoid arthritis and the 2 steps to the bathroom and bedroom became wearing after a day or two. My husband remodeled the stairs and made 3 shorter steps instead of the 2 large risers. It's much easier for me to go up and down now. He also hinged the step so we gained some storage space. Win- win!

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

Keeping dirt and water outside would be a nice touch. Wouldn't want to be standing in the rain with a rag, trying to get the outdoors off them. Liking the TorkLift steps better, including the handrail.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

What would be nice would be an access door under the main entry door. Pick up the end of the steps and roll them in under the main floor. Carriage did this on a custom show model that Henry has, and Space Craft has this as an option.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Interesting. Appears that I could lock the bride inside if she was misbehaving!!!! See how my mind works? Ha! Wonder what the cost is?

I was thinking it's like pulling up a drawbridge and lock 'em outside--just attach a rope to the steps and it you'll be able to draw it up or let it down from inside.

Rex & Karen

Hmmmmm - maybe my detachable (home-made) isn't such a bad idea after all.

I can still use the 'factory' fold out if I wish.

But.......how often does anyone want to park *that* close to whatever obstruction?

Look forward to your testing.

I agree. Most slides are two to three feet and it looks like you need about 5 feet to let the steps down. If your that close to another RV, I don't want to stay there--it should not be a problem at RV parks. I could see it being tight at some rest stop truck parking areas or if you park next to a curb with a sharp down slope.

Rex & Karen

Will be interesting to see if this is a retrofit item for current 5ers. I was planning on buying a set of Torklift Revolution Glowsteps. WIll hold off for a few months now.

This is the one I have and absolutely love it. It is height adjustable on both the ground end and on the RV mount end therefore allowing for level steps in a much wider range of uneven site situations.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

• 2 weeks later...

MORryde installed a few sets of the new steps recently at the Redwood Rally in Shipshewana. They are setup for a hand rail, they just haven't any in stock at the present. We and our travel companions both had a set installed. Like anything there are pros and cons, but they are really sturdy.

Yes deploying them in a rest area could be a problem, you need approx four feet clearance and would have to watch if a semi pulled in close to you.

We'll be back on the road day after Labor Day till Nov so they will get a good workout on all types of locations.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy  3500HD High Country DRW 4X4 Crew Cab w/Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood RW39MBL, Disk Brakes, MORryde IS & Pin Box, Comfort Ride Hitch, Level-Up Auto Level System, 17.5" Sailun H Tires, Onan 5.5K Genny, Dual ACs with Heat Pumps, Winegard Travler Slimline Automatic Dish, Splendide Stacked Washer/Dryer, Sleep Number bed, Residential Fridge and Induction Cook Top

I installed mine own two days ago and it took me seven minutes from start to finish. I did notice the holes for the handrail, but I'm going to install the long-handle Stromburg handrail. The MORryde handrail would set on the inside frame of the steps and I wonder if it would seem like it was taking up too much step space.

Rex & Karen

MORryde installed a few sets of the new steps recently at the Redwood Rally in Shipshewana. They are setup for a hand rail, they just haven't any in stock at the present. We and our travel companions both had a set installed. Like anything there are pros and cons, but they are really sturdy.

Yes deploying them in a rest area could be a problem, you need approx four feet clearance and would have to watch if a semi pulled in close to you.

We'll be back on the road day after Labor Day till Nov so they will get a good workout on all types of locations.

BigTex - or Michelle -

Obviously once installed - you no longer can *use* your factory steps.

However - if you wished - can the MorRyde steps be removed,,,,,easily?

(After installation - do your factory steps remain in place?)

BigTex - or Michelle -

Obviously once installed - you no longer can *use* your factory steps.

However - if you wished - can the MorRyde steps be removed,,,,,easily?

(After installation - do your factory steps remain in place?)

The MORryde steps can easily be removed, but be aware the floor, near the door, will have screw holes in it. It's not a problem for me because I installed Karndean Looselay flooring and have a few extra pieces if needed. I will be removing the factory steps.

Rex & Karen

The MORryde steps can easily be removed, but be aware the floor, near the door, will have screw holes in it. It's not a problem for me because I installed Karndean Looselay flooring and have a few extra pieces if needed. I will be removing the factory steps.

Guess I'm kind of like the truck stop, LOL.

I store my trailer next to my house There is NOT adequate space to use the MORryde steps.

My question is - can the steps be removed by pulling pins (or?) and use the factory steps - then replace them when

I'm "on the road".

If not fabricated to do same - can I make my own modification/s to do that?

(without reversing the installation process, removing screws, etc.)

I have watched the installation video - which unfortunately doesn't have any close-ups of the mounting plate for

the steps.

Thanks again for the input.

Archived