Anyone have a opinion on scanners? I am looking at the Home-Patrol 2 scanner for use in campgrounds around the country. This unit seems user friendly by being able to enter the zip code for local frequencies. Has anyone used this scanner?

Well, got the scanner a week ago and it really is easy to use, just put in the zip code and began picking up emergency calls from 20 miles a way using the stock antenna indoors. It automatically scans through about 50 frequencies from the local area. I plan to get a outdoor antenna and mount it to the ladder next.

Greg

Edited by gjhunter01

How is this working for you? My city has gone with trunked (if a am saying this right) frequencies and my scanner is useless.

Just read an article the other day about secured channels already in use and more changing over.  This will stop the use of scanners for the departments using these.  Some counties are using secured channels for everything and more are considering or planning on it.